Interstitial Cystitis Expert Forum
IC bladder spasms & not being able to pee at night.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interstitial Cystitis. forum are answered by Dr. David A. Burks, MD from Henry Ford Health Systems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

IC bladder spasms & not being able to pee at night.

Dr. Burks
I've had IC for at least 4 years, they only diagnosed me with it about 2 years ago. I'm on Elmiron and Vesicare. Is it normal to get BAD bladder spasms.??  And some days I go to the restroom at least 30 + times. And sometimes only be a few drips of urine. And the pain on some days is terrible, all I can do is lay down with a heating pad on me. Is this all normal with IC.???  And I have IBS as well, (mostly I have bad contipation), can that make my IC worse.?? There are days 2-3 days I dont have a BM. Now the last week or so, I've got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and I cant go pee I sit there for about 5 minutes and I have to go but it will not come out, so I go back to bed and go back to sleep and will wake up maybe 1/2 an hour later to go to the restroom and I'll be lucky most of the time I can pee. Is this normal.??  I'm sorry to ask so many questions but I go to a MD doctor and I dont think she knows much about IC. And where I live  I cant seem to find a Doctor that knows about IC that will take my insurance. Thank-you.