Interstitial Cystitis Expert Forum
Interrupted Urine Flow
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interstitial Cystitis. forum are answered by Dr. David A. Burks, MD from Henry Ford Health Systems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Interrupted Urine Flow

I am a 56yo female experiencing interrupted urine flow for about 4 years now.  All of my research re: symptoms on the Internet suggest I have a prostrate problem or MS.  Obviously, it is not prostrate related.  There is no pain, I just have to push to void (upon starting and continuing) and often feel there is urine left in the urethra no matter how hard I push.  I've had to urinate more frquently and it seems I am increasingly numb of any feeling except the need to 'go'.

To make a long medical history as short as possible... In 2/05 I had some sort of episode with tingling on the left side of face, left arm and descending to leg.  Upon movement, I nearly passed out.  I had another such episode in 2/06.  I still have intermittent tingling in the face (corner of mouth to cheek area).  (I was 145lbs and lost 20+lbs after each episode until I weighed 95lbs.)  I have undergone many, many nuerological, blood & urine tests through the years.  I've been screened for cancer, heart disease, etc. etc.  The nuerologist suspected TIAs, but since the tingling face is so recurrent, I don't think it is likely.  He also suggested testing for MS after comparing my 05 & 06 MRIs, although the 06 one showed only slight changes.  I had been dealing with extreme stress in my marriage at the time and chalked it all up to stress.  I persued a divorce (not yet final) instead of MS testing.  I am currently unemployed and uninsured, so I cannot afford the testing and/or the possible confirmation of such a diagnosis.

In addition, I have a very misaligned spine that is disfiguring my left ribcage by my sternum.  I also have high cholesterol.  Having separated from my husband in 12/06, I was able to slowly regain my weight.

I noticed the interrupted flow within the year before the nuerological type problems began.  I guess my question is...Is it possible that my misaligned spine could be the cause?  If not, could it be anything other than MS related?

Thank you for your time.