Just diagnosed w/ pelvic congestion syndrome!
hello there..im new to the site and was just diagnosed with Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. I also suffer from IC and IBS. I am on a mission to find a doctor who specializes in this area and don't know where to begin. I have had chronic lower abdominal/back pain with frequent UTI's for almost 6 years now. Every doctor I had seen up until a few weeks ago has told me there was nothing wrong and I was starting to feel pretty crazy! Now that I finally have a diagnosis  that explains almost all of the symptoms I have been dealing with for so long, I want to make sure I get it treated properly. I was prescribed Meloxicam for the pain but would like to fix the problem and not just cover it up with pain meds. I was diagnosed by an ultrasound and my doctor had never even heard of the condition. He seriously googled PCS and gave me the printed Wikepedia definition and told me to come back in 2 weeks to see if the pain had subsided with the meds:( Any advice as to what I should do next would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
Hello, have you seen any  specialist? I started with a  urologist a GI and OBGYN and now i also go to a Center For Syptom Relief . I was told there is no treatment or cure for IC , BUT it can in some cases be managble with meds depending on the idavidual. The one med that has been approved for IC is nuratain. i myself could not take it because it made me node out to the point  i could not stay awake to drive. I am now on 5 differant meds. It seems it just gets "coverd up" instead, i would love for it be fixed though! good luck
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
Jul 15
ChitChatNine commented on photo
Jul 15
ChitChatNine commented on My Crystal Ball Theor...
Jul 12