Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Pelvic Pain Support Forum User Group
Just diagnosed w/ pelvic congestion syndrome!
About This Group:

This support forum is for those who suffer from Interstitial Cystitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain and for those who support them. IC is a very individual and often difficult to treat painful illness. IC often has many other conditions that exist along with it adding to the Pelvic Pain. This forum is to provide support, encouragement, and education so that together we can find treatments and hopefully someday a cure!

Founded by MSKshelly on September 22, 2009
62 members

hello there..im new to the site and was just diagnosed with Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. I also suffer from IC and IBS. I am on a mission to find a doctor who specializes in this area and don't know where to begin. I have had chronic lower abdominal/back pain with frequent UTI's for almost 6 years now. Every doctor I had seen up until a few weeks ago has told me there was nothing wrong and I was starting to feel pretty crazy! Now that I finally have a diagnosis  that explains almost all of the symptoms I have been dealing with for so long, I want to make sure I get it treated properly. I was prescribed Meloxicam for the pain but would like to fix the problem and not just cover it up with pain meds. I was diagnosed by an ultrasound and my doctor had never even heard of the condition. He seriously googled PCS and gave me the printed Wikepedia definition and told me to come back in 2 weeks to see if the pain had subsided with the meds:( Any advice as to what I should do next would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
1 Comment
Hello, have you seen any  specialist? I started with a  urologist a GI and OBGYN and now i also go to a Center For Syptom (symptom) Relief . I was told there is no treatment or cure for IC , BUT it can in some cases be managble with meds depending on the idavidual. The one med that has been approved for IC is nuratain. i myself could not take it because it made me node out to the point  i could not stay awake to drive. I am now on 5 differant meds. It seems it just gets "coverd up" instead, i would love for it be fixed though! good luck
divineguidance3443 commented on My Nutcracker Syndrom...
Aug 17
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jul 22
calamfred is scared but determined. Comment
Jul 20