Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Pelvic Pain Support Forum User Group
confused as to what to take and/or do now
About This Group:

This support forum is for those who suffer from Interstitial Cystitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain and for those who support them. IC is a very individual and often difficult to treat painful illness. IC often has many other conditions that exist along with it adding to the Pelvic Pain. This forum is to provide support, encouragement, and education so that together we can find treatments and hopefully someday a cure!

Founded by MSKshelly on September 22, 2009
62 members

I have been told by my doctor that I have a chronic case of IC....(about three years ago) I was ok for awhile and, now the severe pain has returned....which meant I had to return to my urologist....He gave me elmiron and vesicare to treat the IC....the Elmiron never helped my pain and, the Vesicare took my blood pressure from 113/72 pulse 68 to 153/103 pulse 122...I contacted my urologist and, he stated...that's not true ... neither of these meds would cause your blood pressure to go up...well, I called him back four days later...and, said doctor I haven't taken these meds for the past four days and, my blood pressure is back to the range of 113/72 68 pulse....he said.....continue taking the Vesicare and the Elmiron as I prescribed them to you .... *** sighs *** okies doctor....been on them again for another four days and the past four days my blood pressure has been off the chart again....

my question is to stop from this roller coaster ride and, taking the chance of messing my heart up from taking these meds....is there anything else that I can take to help relieve the pain that I am having with my IC...and, of course the using the restroom a 100 times a day....

I am scheduled this Friday  (the 19th of Feb) for a cystoscope/with dmso...which is how I was diagnosed with IC to beging after this procedure back 06 I had some pain for the first couple of days....but, it helped a great deal...but, I am uncertain as rather the Vesicare and/or the Elmiron is causing my blood pressure to raise....or if it is the combination of the two medications....

I have tried Detrol and Detrol LA and, neither of those help me....and, there have been wayyyy to many nights that I don't get sleep because, of the pain and, the constant going to the restroom during the night...

Please advise if you feel the elavil, enablex or something else would be helpful to me
I sent you an e-mail today hopefully you got it.  I would encourage you though if not to go to our MOARK IC  website and get the article on the vaginal suppositories etc.
If you need the direct link please pm me if I have not already sent it to you!

Shelly
PS
THIS FORUM DOES NOT SEND DAILY UPDATES TO MY IN BOX IF YOU NEED AN ANSWER AND I DON'T DO IT RIGHT AWAY PLEASE PM ME!  ALSO TELL ME
THAT YOU LEFT A POST HERE TOO

SHELLY
divineguidance3443 commented on My Nutcracker Syndrom...
Aug 17
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jul 22
calamfred is scared but determined. Comment
Jul 20