Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Pelvic Pain Support Forum User Group
nonstop pain
About This Group:

This support forum is for those who suffer from Interstitial Cystitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain and for those who support them. IC is a very individual and often difficult to treat painful illness. IC often has many other conditions that exist along with it adding to the Pelvic Pain. This forum is to provide support, encouragement, and education so that together we can find treatments and hopefully someday a cure!

Founded by MSKshelly on September 22, 2009
62 members

nonstop pain

I was putting sodium bicarb, ecapsules of elmeron and 4%lidocaine in my bladder and as soon as I voided it out the pain was unbearable. Now I use elmeron and bactriostatic water for installations and it is not making me better or worse. I also take atarax at night. The doctor wants to remove my bladder, but there is a chance the disease could attack the pouch. Is there any herb or naturapath remedy that works? I am at wits end. I can only get relief for 1 hour at a time when I sleepand then my bladder wakes me up from the pain and I have to void to get rid of he pain until it comes back about 10 minutes later.
1 Comment
Sherila,
   There are many options and things that it sounds to me like have not been tried, esp. before they take out your bladder.  I know right now you are desperate and hurting... so that sounds like a great solution but hang on honey and maybe we can come up with some other tools to try!  Often with bladder removal also they find if the nerve pain is set up you will still have pain.  It might help if I can call and talk to you directly to save time, if so pm me a number to reach you at or I will send you mine,

One things that comes to me is that many instill meds have preservatives.  I know my instills made me worse until we realized it was actually the preservatives in them not the medications.  I have ndc# for most meds without preservatives as well.

Have you tried using vaginal suppositories?  These are a huge help to me as well without the need to catherize which for some make the instills not work as well.
I have several other treatment options etc on our MOARK IC website that might be a huge help to you.

I am sorry you are hurting and having so much pain right now! Your not alone, hang on and you will find treatments that do help... it is just so individual and when your hurting finding the answers seems endless!

Hang in there!

Shelly
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jul 22
calamfred is scared but determined. Comment
Jul 20
divineguidance3443 commented on My Nutcracker Syndrom...
Jul 15