6 months after turp have urinary retention again.
After 6 months of a successful turp, I have urinary retention.  I have some catheters left over and starting to self catheter again.  I must confess I am very resentful that I have retrograde ejaculation.  But this urinary retention is causing me more distress.

Is it possible to request another urologist at the medical center I had the turp done by a very young urologist.  I think an older urologist with more experience may give me better treatment and maybe some alternative procedure that may return my ability to ejaculate.  I have been told that sometimes the prostate grows back.  But I suppose the damage is permanent from my initial turp that destroys that part of the anatomy that allows semen to come out again.

I suppose the more important thing is too keep my urine not building up so my kidneys don't go bad.  Or perhaps my kidneys are now the problem.  I do feel pain and soreness in my back.  From what I gather this may indicate kidney failure or partial failure.  

I guess the first thing to do is get diagnosed again with tests.  Or I could have a neurogenic bladder, etc.    

I would be grateful for any reply from an expert at Med Help and advice.

ymouszanon
member of Med Help
usa
Retrograde ejaculation indicates your ejaculate goes into your bladder instead of out your penis.  When I had to choose a new urologist, I found the youngest one I could find in a group.  My logic was the younger he was, the more up to date on the latest procedures and he would have the older doctors there for consultation if needed.

I have a neurogenic bladder as the result of a spinal cord injury.  I do a CIC, clean intermittent catheterization, about 6 times a day and this eliminated a lot of problems I had in the past.

I hope this helps.