Interstitial Cystitis Community
Am having horrible pain - could it be IC?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis .

Hi!  I am new to this site.  I am having HORRIBLE pain in my pelvis and vagina.  It feels like there is a lot of pressure in my pelvis and vagina or something is in my vagina.  I just had my period and the pain was horrible that I couldn't even put a regular tampon in.  I am a virgin, but have always used super plus tampons in the past without any problems.  I am also having pelvic pain that is kind of hard to describe.  It feels like the bones in my pelvis hurt.  There is also a lot of pressure around them.  It also feels like someone is sticking something sharp up my vagina and rectum.  When I have to urinate, I don't really feel it just above my pubic bone - I often feel it in my pelvis and/or vagina.  I know that these are really weird symptoms.  I would appreciate any thoughts from you all!  kaysus

Oh - I forgot to mention that I have an appt. with a urogynecologist at the Cleveland Clinic on Tuesday.  It won't come soon enough.  I am having trouble sitting for long periods of time and it takes about 2.5 hours to get there so I  think that I will be in agony by that time.