Interstitial Cystitis Community
Blood in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis .

Blood in urine

Hello.  I'm a not very healthy 48 year old female.  I was diagnosed with interstital cystitis about 1 1/2 years ago.  The diagnosis was made because for the last 4 years the doctors have found blood in my urine.  I did not have abdominal pain, just the occasional bout with frequent/urgent urination.  I have had 2 cystoscopies and both times the doc told me that my bladder was irritated, but found nothing more abnormal than that.  Well, about 2 years ago, I started to become incredibly gassy all the time and the frequency/urgency of urination became aw full time thing.  Within 5 minutes of drinking something, I have to urinate.  I don't have any other abdominal pain except from the excessive gas.  I have since developed incredible pain in my joints, etc. and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  It just continues to get worse.  The doctor said that I could manage the cystitis myself and that he would see me once or twice a year.  I've made an appointment to go back, but I'm concerned because looking at most of the posts, I don't see much about blood in the urine, it's more about abdominal pain.  Is this a sign of interstitial cystitis?  Should I be worried?