Interstitial Cystitis Community
Cystocele

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis / Painful Bladder Syndrome (PBS).

Cystocele

How can I manage my Cystocele while pregnant? What are the effects of it?
Avatar dr f tn
During pregnancy increased pressure may stretch and weaken your pelvic muscles. A cystocele can cause a feeling of fullness or pressure in your pelvis and vagina, increased discomfort during straining, coughing or bearing down. It also puts you at risk of repeated bladder infections. The treatment of cystocele depends on its severity. Treatment includes self care exercises and physiotherapy in mild cases.Pessaries, tampon and diaphragm are a temporary solution for surgery. In severe cases surgery is recommended. In your situation a clinical examination is necessary before deciding the exact treatment and conservative treatments may be tried initially. Consult a urologist for more queries. Keep me posted on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!