Interstitial Cystitis Community
Frequent urination due to over masturbation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis .

I am a 24yrs old male and  have been masturbating on avg 4 times since last 7-8 years .I started having frequent urination problem since last November.I would urinate anywhere from 10-15 times a day and this would get worse when i would try to sleep . I would urinate with decent amount of urine a  decent flow and before sleeping but i would still feel the need to urinate and would do 5-6 trips to the restroom. After falling asleep , i would get up 2-3 times to pee. I also felt everytime after masturbation , frequency will get even worse with some burning .
I reduced the frequency to avg once a day. I consulted my family practitioner in December  and i was prescribed ciprofloxacin twice a day for 10 days.She also did various STD tests , diabetes and urine test all of which came out -ve along with kidney ultrasound being normal as well .After 10 days , i felt significant improvement but not 100% . As such , i was prescribed levofloxacin for 5 days but levofloxacin seemed to aggravate the problem and i discontinued it after taking it for 2 days. I seemed to do ok for the next 2 months and kept the masturbation frequency to 4-5 times a week .However , the problem did start to creep in again as i think my prostate got irritated again even with reduced masturbation frequency.I consulted  a urologist and he did the digital rectal test and said my prostate seemed ok in size. i was prescribed cirpo again twice a day this time for 3 weeks . My problem again subsided by about 80-85% . However , if i masturbated  2-3 times in a day or masturbated once a day on consecutive days , i would again feel increased frequency and some burning. I told the uro about this correlation of my problems with masturbation but he said there should be no correlation and suggested i go for cystoscopy. I agreed to his suggestion and had cysto done after a few days.  Cystoscopy reveled everything normal other than a moderate stricture far back into the bulb for which the doctor performed dilation. I was prescribed levofloxacin for six days after cycsto. During those six days i suffered with even greater frequency and urgency and urine flow being normal every time i would pee. After stopping levofloacin, i felt my symptoms getting better but again my problem still did not subside 100% . I  kept my frequency of masturbation
3-4 times week and within 3 weeks of cysto , i again started to have frequent urination problem however this time with urine flow usually being normal every time i would pee . I was in the US till now but returned to my home country after 2 wees of having cysto and as such could not consult the same doctor.

I saw a urologist in home country and was prescribed Tamsulosin Hydrochloride  and gatifloxacin for 10 days after the doctor looked  at the report from urine culture and sensitivity test . Gatifloxacin did not help and as such doctor prescribed levofloxacin for another 10 days .None of the two antibiotics and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride did not show any signs of relief . I saw another uro after that and he prescribed moxifloxacin hydrochloride based on that urine culture test along with  tolterodine tartrate for 7 days. I have been taking em for 3 days now and do not see any relief .

I am really worried as my symptoms have only gotten worse after cystoscopy . Should i be worried that doctor did not perform cystoscopy properly and damaged my uretha or bladder? Or have i damaged my prostate with over masturbation. If yes , is there anyway to restore prostate in healthy condition ?
Also , should i try taking cipro again for 10-15 days as it took care of the symptoms at least by 80% on both occasions before cystocopy.

Please suggest what i should do and what the problem might be.

Thank you
I really need to know how far did u reach with this !!! my cystoscope is being planned for the next month !!! AND I HAVE THE EXACT SAME symptoms ure talkin abt and i've been so far treated in the exact same way !!! please reply as soon as u see this or mail me..
***@****.
How are you now? i hope you well

i have the same symptoms like you and i'd like to know what about you now?

do you still suffer from these symptoms?

thanks
Hi guys.
I hope things are going ok for you. Are you still following this thread? I lived what you are going through and could give you some direction on what to do. Just send back some info on your symptoms and tests you've had done so far.
I hope to here from you.
Hi there. I have similar symptoms as the OP. Pain after urinating and frequent. Also poor flow sometimes and general lack of libido (although this could be because symtoms (symptoms) are making me unhappy).

Have had cystoscopy, showed slightly inflamed prostate. Urine test showed white blood cells. Cipro for a month, along with tamsulosin and dutasteride (avodart) made no real difference. Symptoms 90% remained.

This is making my life very miserable. Some days pain lasts for hours after urinating. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey mrb. Im sorry you are going through this. It sounds very similar to what i've been through so I know you probably feel scared and worried right now.
I have a couple questions:
-Have they ruled out prostate, testicular and bladder cancer? Im sure thats what they have done the testing for, but you need the peace of mind.
-Do you have prostate or testicular pain as well as the pain in your bladder?
-Do you have increased pain anywhere during or after sex or masturbation?

A couple of things you should do for starters, keep a journal of your pain and when it increases or decreases and also keep track of how many times a day you go to the bathroom. Have this for your urologist and pcp.

Please know that you aren't alone. You need to rule out everything else to come to an interstitial cystitis diagnosis. Also google chronic pelvic pain syndrome as that usually comes with IC in males.

Let me know if any of this fits your situation and let me know how your doing.

Brian
Could you please post your information for us.
I AM 33 AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR 3 YEARS. MY DEAR FRIENDS IT IS PROSTATITIS (IN MY CASE THE BACTERIAL FORM) LIKE IN MOST CASES ALL FORMS ARE BACTERIAL HOWEVER ******* UROLOGIST DONT ACTUALLY OBTAIN A PROSTATE MESSAGE SAMPLE. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY THAT I HAVE A MEDICAL BACKROUND AND  HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING FOR PROSTATITIS. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU IF YOU GUYS SUFFER FROM DISC HERNIATIONS, STRESS, OR PERHAPS A PELVIC TENSION PROBLEM. THE REASON THAT I SAY THIS IS BECAUSE FROM MY RESEARCH AND MYSELF I NOW SEE THAT PROSTATITIS ISNT JUST A ONE FACTOR PROBLEM ITS A COMBINATION OF MORE THAN ONE FACTOR. LIKE IN MY CASE I AM A REGULAR MASTERBATOR AND HAVE SEX WITH MY WIFE. I HAVE THE URINARY FREQUENCY THAT DRIVES ME MAD. BUT ON THE DAYS I TAKE IT A BIT EASIER IT GETS BETTER THAN GETS WORSE. BUT I THINK WE ALL DEVELOPED ANXIETY DUE TO THIS CONDITION AND I THINK WE SHOULD STRONGLY ADDRESS THAT ISSUE. I AM NOT SAYING PROZAC BUT I AM SAYING NATURAL HERBAL REMEDIES LIKE VALERIAL ROOT, (WHICH WILL HELP YOU SLEEP, AND RELAX SMOOTH MUSCLE) SAW PALMETTO THAT I THINK HELPS A BIT OR NOT AND 25 MG OF ZINC PICONOLITE MAY BE OF SOME HELP. I ALSO TAKE 50 MG O NITROFURANTOIN AT NIGHT BUT WHEN THE BODY RELAXES FROM THE VALERIAN (COMES IN KALMS FORM) YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SLEEP BETTER. SLEEP ALSO AIDS IN THE REDUCTION OF INFLAMMATION. HOPE I HELPED, IT IS A HORRIBLE DISEASE BUT TRY TO FIGHT WITH IT AND NOT GIVE UP !