Frequent urination due to over masturbation?
I am a 24yrs old male and  have been masturbating on avg 4 times since last 7-8 years .I started having frequent urination problem since last November.I would urinate anywhere from 10-15 times a day and this would get worse when i would try to sleep . I would urinate with decent amount of urine a  decent flow and before sleeping but i would still feel the need to urinate and would do 5-6 trips to the restroom. After falling asleep , i would get up 2-3 times to pee. I also felt everytime after masturbation , frequency will get even worse with some burning .
I reduced the frequency to avg once a day. I consulted my family practitioner in December  and i was prescribed ciprofloxacin twice a day for 10 days.She also did various STD tests , diabetes and urine test all of which came out -ve along with kidney ultrasound being normal as well .After 10 days , i felt significant improvement but not 100% . As such , i was prescribed levofloxacin for 5 days but levofloxacin seemed to aggravate the problem and i discontinued it after taking it for 2 days. I seemed to do ok for the next 2 months and kept the masturbation frequency to 4-5 times a week .However , the problem did start to creep in again as i think my prostate got irritated again even with reduced masturbation frequency.I consulted  a urologist and he did the digital rectal test and said my prostate seemed ok in size. i was prescribed cirpo again twice a day this time for 3 weeks . My problem again subsided by about 80-85% . However , if i masturbated  2-3 times in a day or masturbated once a day on consecutive days , i would again feel increased frequency and some burning. I told the uro about this correlation of my problems with masturbation but he said there should be no correlation and suggested i go for cystoscopy. I agreed to his suggestion and had cysto done after a few days.  Cystoscopy reveled everything normal other than a moderate stricture far back into the bulb for which the doctor performed dilation. I was prescribed levofloxacin for six days after cycsto. During those six days i suffered with even greater frequency and urgency and urine flow being normal every time i would pee. After stopping levofloacin, i felt my symptoms getting better but again my problem still did not subside 100% . I  kept my frequency of masturbation
3-4 times week and within 3 weeks of cysto , i again started to have frequent urination problem however this time with urine flow usually being normal every time i would pee . I was in the US till now but returned to my home country after 2 wees of having cysto and as such could not consult the same doctor.

I saw a urologist in home country and was prescribed Tamsulosin Hydrochloride  and gatifloxacin for 10 days after the doctor looked  at the report from urine culture and sensitivity test . Gatifloxacin did not help and as such doctor prescribed levofloxacin for another 10 days .None of the two antibiotics and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride did not show any signs of relief . I saw another uro after that and he prescribed moxifloxacin hydrochloride based on that urine culture test along with  tolterodine tartrate for 7 days. I have been taking em for 3 days now and do not see any relief .

I am really worried as my symptoms have only gotten worse after cystoscopy . Should i be worried that doctor did not perform cystoscopy properly and damaged my uretha or bladder? Or have i damaged my prostate with over masturbation. If yes , is there anyway to restore prostate in healthy condition ?
Also , should i try taking cipro again for 10-15 days as it took care of the symptoms at least by 80% on both occasions before cystocopy.

Please suggest what i should do and what the problem might be.

Thank you
I really need to know how far did u reach with this !!! my cystoscope is being planned for the next month !!! AND I HAVE THE EXACT SAME symptoms ure talkin abt and i've been so far treated in the exact same way !!! please reply as soon as u see this or mail me..
***@****.
How are you now? i hope you well

i have the same symptoms like you and i'd like to know what about you now?

do you still suffer from these symptoms?

thanks
Hi guys.
I hope things are going ok for you. Are you still following this thread? I lived what you are going through and could give you some direction on what to do. Just send back some info on your symptoms and tests you've had done so far.
I hope to here from you.
Hi I have had the feeling of needing to pee all the time for over a month now I have had several bloods urin cultures sti and uti tests  diabetes  Test and a ct scan all come back clear. I don't go to the toilet that much it's just the constant feeling of having to pee. How did you fix the problem please help me
Hi there. I have similar symptoms as the OP. Pain after urinating and frequent. Also poor flow sometimes and general lack of libido (although this could be because symtoms are making me unhappy).

Have had cystoscopy, showed slightly inflamed prostate. Urine test showed white blood cells. Cipro for a month, along with tamsulosin and dutasteride (avodart) made no real difference. Symptoms 90% remained.

This is making my life very miserable. Some days pain lasts for hours after urinating. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey mrb. Im sorry you are going through this. It sounds very similar to what i've been through so I know you probably feel scared and worried right now.
I have a couple questions:
-Have they ruled out prostate, testicular and bladder cancer? Im sure thats what they have done the testing for, but you need the peace of mind.
-Do you have prostate or testicular pain as well as the pain in your bladder?
-Do you have increased pain anywhere during or after sex or masturbation?

A couple of things you should do for starters, keep a journal of your pain and when it increases or decreases and also keep track of how many times a day you go to the bathroom. Have this for your urologist and pcp.

Please know that you aren't alone. You need to rule out everything else to come to an interstitial cystitis diagnosis. Also google chronic pelvic pain syndrome as that usually comes with IC in males.

Let me know if any of this fits your situation and let me know how your doing.

Brian
Could you please post your information for us.
I AM 33 AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR 3 YEARS. MY DEAR FRIENDS IT IS PROSTATITIS (IN MY CASE THE BACTERIAL FORM) LIKE IN MOST CASES ALL FORMS ARE BACTERIAL HOWEVER ******* UROLOGIST DONT ACTUALLY OBTAIN A PROSTATE MESSAGE SAMPLE. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY THAT I HAVE A MEDICAL BACKROUND AND  HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING FOR PROSTATITIS. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU IF YOU GUYS SUFFER FROM DISC HERNIATIONS, STRESS, OR PERHAPS A PELVIC TENSION PROBLEM. THE REASON THAT I SAY THIS IS BECAUSE FROM MY RESEARCH AND MYSELF I NOW SEE THAT PROSTATITIS ISNT JUST A ONE FACTOR PROBLEM ITS A COMBINATION OF MORE THAN ONE FACTOR. LIKE IN MY CASE I AM A REGULAR MASTERBATOR AND HAVE SEX WITH MY WIFE. I HAVE THE URINARY FREQUENCY THAT DRIVES ME MAD. BUT ON THE DAYS I TAKE IT A BIT EASIER IT GETS BETTER THAN GETS WORSE. BUT I THINK WE ALL DEVELOPED ANXIETY DUE TO THIS CONDITION AND I THINK WE SHOULD STRONGLY ADDRESS THAT ISSUE. I AM NOT SAYING PROZAC BUT I AM SAYING NATURAL HERBAL REMEDIES LIKE VALERIAL ROOT, (WHICH WILL HELP YOU SLEEP, AND RELAX SMOOTH MUSCLE) SAW PALMETTO THAT I THINK HELPS A BIT OR NOT AND 25 MG OF ZINC PICONOLITE MAY BE OF SOME HELP. I ALSO TAKE 50 MG O NITROFURANTOIN AT NIGHT BUT WHEN THE BODY RELAXES FROM THE VALERIAN (COMES IN KALMS FORM) YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SLEEP BETTER. SLEEP ALSO AIDS IN THE REDUCTION OF INFLAMMATION. HOPE I HELPED, IT IS A HORRIBLE DISEASE BUT TRY TO FIGHT WITH IT AND NOT GIVE UP !
I'm just going to add to the list of guys with this same condition. I'm 36 and have been through this on and off for a year. I disagree with the op's uro's initial comment that excessive sex or masturbation won't cause this. In my case, these symptoms are directly tied to the frequency of orgasms that I have. One a day is fine. Two a day is OK two but I start to notice mild symptoms. More than that I get the urgency and sometimes even a little burning at the tip of my penis. Prostate checked out fine - but didn't have it checked until after a pointless long round of Ciproflaxin for suspected prostatitis infection. And yes, worrying and stress will make my condition worse once I get into it. Slow down sex or masturbation for a few days and it's A OK. The last poster is right that there is a pelvic inflammatory condition that is often misdiagnosed as bacterial prostatitis according to my doc. Proctologists are a little more familiar with this when it starts to affect their area of specialty.

My doc made three suggestions for what initiates the problem.

1) During sex or masturbation, particularly long sessions where orgasm is not reached relatively quickly, the urinary sphincter stays contracted for a long time (so you can't urinate). This excessive period of contraction does to that muscle what it would do to any muscle but of course it doesn't feel the same as what you get when you burn out your bicep since nerves in your groin are associated with feelings of urinary need and ejaculative contractions etc. So you don't exactly feel the burn but you do feel something.

2) Long term contraction and engorgement of muscle and tissue in the pelvic area as is associated with a lot of sexual activity might directly cause nerve inflammation leading to these symptoms.

3) A slight increase in the size of the prostate as is natural and common with aging might cause some impingement on the pudendal nerve.  A lot of sexual activity which naturally causes the prostate to swell and fill with fluid, and particular long sessions would aggravate this even more.

At any rate, my uro made it quite clear that we are NOT designed to have sex maybe as often as we think. The worst scenarios of this nature that he encounters is guys who spend long masturbation sessions looking at internet porn - 1 to 2 hours before an ejaculation, in an excited state clicking through pictures and videos and making it last. No woman wants a guy to get off too quickly, but it's not physically supposed to take 2 hours either. Those guys get these symptoms worse than all of us.  
I am one of those guys that watched porn and masturbated for 2 hours.  I now have this issue.  What did your urologist suggest that you do? Kegals? I already am refraining from the long masturbation sessions. I have actually gone cold turkey.  If you are still on here I would really appreciate some help.  This constant feeling of having to urinate is awful!!!
you have most likely caused the pelvic floor muscles to go into spasms if you do not have an actual infection or interstitial cystitis...I would suggest putting heated rice packs on your low abdomen (by hip bones) and icing the burning areas down to soothe...also you might want to try pyridium/uristate...if it's just an irritation of the bladder wall lining this will calm it down and it is over the counter now...I would also chill out on the masturbation...because this causes the muscles of the pelvic floor to contract and this could be pelvic floor dysfunction so figure out ways to relax the pelvic floor not make it contract and see how you feel...Kegals would be the exact opposite of what you want if it is pfd...it's all about relaxing  not contracting the muscles of the pf...elevating the knees higher then the hips will force the pelvic floor to relax so try doing that 15 min or so a day or when it's really flaring...see if that helps...good luck...also if you haven't seen your dr. you should to rule out any infections or anything serious...if you take antibiotics take a probiotic a couple hours later because the antibiotics kill the good as well as the bad bacteria in there so this will need to be replaced because that too can cause the spasms in the pf...Hope you can get things calmed down...
Thanks for the reply.  I have gone to a urologist and am going back on Monday.  He ruled out UTI, and he checked my prostate twice, saying it was a little enlarged but nothing to be overly concerned about.  He did put me on a medication to help that but it didn't do much.  Then the second time he wanted to rule out the prostatitis and he said it wasn't that so he treated it as overactive bladder and gave me another med which also wasn't much help.  I'm going to ask him about the pelvic floor thing.  In the last month I only ejacluated twice and through normal avg time sex.  I eliminated masturbation.  Do you think reverse kegals would help?  I will try the knees over the hips thing.  Anything else you can think of would be most appreciated.
Not sure if anyone is even reading this, but I went to the urologist again.  He believes now that it's prostatitis.  He gave me a six week dose of bactrim, an antibiotic, cause he found a small trace of blood in my urine.  So the battle continues, I have read that a small percentage of prostatitis is bacterial, I think I have acute prostatitis which is the shittier one to have.  I'm continuing my non orgasm regiment for as long as I can.  Hope something can give me some relief to this feeling of having to urinate 24/7.  

I did mention the long periods of masturbation to the urologist and he doesn't think its nerve damage, but he thinks it could have in some way contributed to me getting prostatitis.  
Correction not acute... Chronic abecteria prostatitis
Hopefully the antibiotics will help! Make sure you are doing probiotics about an hour or so after the antibiotic so you are putting the good bacteria back in because the antibiotics kill both the good and the bad! I would still suggest doing all the previous things mentioned...anything to keep the pelvic muscles/nerves calm so you don't end up with chronic issues like mine...I am actually about to have botox injected into them muscles and already have the interstim device put in to calm the nerves...now we are focusing on the muscles...I have been dealing with this stuff now for over 20 years and unfortunately not all Dr.s are equal...you might want a second opinion if this doesn't work...
reverse kegals could work...I did not have success with them, but mine had already crossed into the nervous system...and is chronic...how long have you been dealing with this dysfunction?
Anyway...keep working at finding out what to do in order to be well! I have learned to be my best health advocate and if I don't like what I'm hearing...I have no problem with getting a second, third or even fourth opinion...have you see a pelvic floor physical therapist yet? I think it would be a great idea! Good luck!
Thanks purr
20 years??? If this continues for 20 years I may buy a gun.  Just kidding. I will go with the antibiotic for now.  I was looking into a probotic also. Today the symptoms of having to urinate are off the charts bad.  It's got me thinking about buying diapers.  I'm kinda stuck in my house.  I hope this bactrim works cause this is brutal.  

So far
1 no sex, or masturbation
2 trying to relax my pelvic floor muscles
3 antibiotics (bactrim) day 4
4 I eliminated some things in my diet, spicy foods, caffeine, sugar... Couple   others
5 prayer
4
you are doing what you need to do to get his well! You will get there!
Yep...I was 24 when this began and I am now 48 years old...it's been a long hard journey for sure...but you adapt and figure our ways to work around the dysfunction...have you tried pyridium? it coats the bladder and might give you some relief...it's sometimes short lived when you're in the thick of it...but you might try that and/or prelief which are both over the counter...I imagine your dr. won't do much until he's cleared the infection...so hang in there and keep working as you are and it will get to a tolerable point...I now have interstim device, valium ( used rectally or vaginally), I too watch my diet, do yoga to lengthen the tight muscles, I alternate heat and ice down below when I am at my worse, use pyridium and/or prelief...I will be getting botox on Oct 9 th and am so hoping this is the icing on the cake so to speak...but I have my little bag of tricks and just keep going and seeking in order to find relief...believe me I have contemplated the gun more then once...but am VERY glad I did not go that route...research bladder instills...did that forever ago...also biofeedback, pelvic floor physical therapy...estim...bladder distention...I don't know if any of these will be right for you but this is some of things I have tried through the years...some successful some not...and when the pain cycle won't stop I will use a narcotic for a day or two just to get some relief and try to break the pain...I would suggest putting ice (not on your skin but with clothes between) where it's excruciating and then laying heated rice pack on your tummy and back...just see if that doesn't give you a little relief! I feel for you because this is hard to figure out, but I have no doubt you will get it better managed because you are trying very hard to do so!
Your words are very encouraging and its very kind of you to come to these threads and help people out.  I had a bad couple of days and at one point on a car ride, was nearly sure I was going to **** myself, but I pulled over pissed bought some motrin and my symptoms relaxed considerably.  Motrin has been my savior for the past couple days.  Today I actually had a decent day.  No day is actually symptom free, but today was tolerable without motrin.  I will try that pyridium, my Dr also has me taking vesicare 10mg once a day, so I usually take it before bed, I don't feel it does much though.  Tonight will be 1 week on antibiotics.  I bought some saw palmetto today too.  Next on the list is a probiotic.  Keeping my fingers crossed, everyday I hope for this to start to improve alittle, but its mostly ups and downs
Keep going...You will figure this out and get it to a place that you can live your life again...
I was put on different bladder calmers through the years and found all they did for me was dry me out...so I quit using them...I love the pyridium when I am in a bad burning place in there because within 30 min it coats my bladder wall and gives me some relief! it does turn your urine orange and it stains...so be aware of that...but it's my first stop with the meds...which I do try to avoid unless the pain becomes unbearable which unfortunately I know you understand...:(  Yes, it does get worse when we are in a flare and have a full or even partially full bladder...the burn can be unbearable...but know once you figure out what works to bring it back into submission your flares will be much less intense because you will get them back inline before you get to the point you are now...hang in there! Hope you get this all calmed down soon!
Yea... I have found its a lot of trial and error.  I looked for the pyridium in the supermarket but they didn't have it.  I guess I have to go to a drug store for that.  I order some leak guards on amazon. I have never pissed myself yet, but if I have those I hoping it will bring down the anxiety level of actually pissing myself.  Well... Here's to another day, hope its a good one.  Thanks again purr
you should be able to get it at the drug store...you could have gotten it on amazon! ;)
Try to not be anxious (I know ~ easier said then done) but stress makes it worse...so long deep slow breath...do what you need to do to be in a calmer state of mind!
I do hope you feel better soon!
Couldn't find pyridium at the drug store, guess I should have just ordered it on Amazon.  The leak pads are really great, it gives me a sense of security taking a lot of anxiety out of the picture.  I had another good day yesterday, but had a few brews over the weekend and today I'm not as good.  Im not sure if its alcohol related or just part of the ups and downs.  Well nothing else all that new, just staying the course on antibiotics, no sex or masturbation, I started a probiotic and saw palmetto and pygeum.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the good days start to out weight the bad.
Is AZO a brand of pyridium, cause that came up when I looked it up on amazon?  Well that is what I bought, just took some cause like I said having a bad day.  We shall see how it works, hope it does.
Well I took the AZO over an hour ago.  No real change unfortunately.  Guess I can cross another one off the list.  Too bad, I had high hopes that it would help me out.  Back to just grinding it out.
sorry I have not been in here! I am dealing with my own health stuff...AGAIN...the fun just keeps coming! ;)
Anyway...Yes, AZO is pyridium...Have your tried D-mannose, inositol, or prelief? You haven't run out of stuff to try just yet...so don't give up! Have you asked your Dr. for the valium? Might be worth a try! Glad you are taking the probiotics because antibiotics wreak havoc on our system...Yes they are a necessary evil sometimes...but they will NOT cure inflammation of the bladder...ONLY bacterial infections...

Alcohol is DEFINITELY a bladder irritant...gave up alcohol many years ago...anything non-alkaline has the potential to cause pain...How are you doing with eating an alkaline diet?

Sorry to hear you're still struggling, but glad to hear you are still trying to figure out what works for you!
Are you keeping a journal of what you are doing in regards to eating/drinking and such? This is so helpful to figuring out your triggers!
Well, keep at it! Hang in there!
oh and one more thing...because you are in a VERY long and strong flare...it could take SEVERAL days of taking the pyridium for it to really kick in...so I would keep taking it for a week...just see what happens...;)
Hey purr... Sorry to hear about your problems, I'm realizing that old saying, health is everything, is so true.  
I wish that dmark7 would join the convo again, I still believe he hits my problem on the head, but he doesn't really say much about how to fix it.
Anyway, my wife did mention keeping a journal also, is D-mannose, inositol, and prelief over the counter?  I gotta read up on the alkaline diet stuff, don't know much about that. 4 weeks on antibiotics, does feel like much has changed, maybe a tad for the better but not much.  Thanks again purr for all the info.
no worries...troubles like these come and go and we adjust and adapt somewhat to it...because we don't have a real big choice!
dmark7 hopefully found the answers to his problems and it now living life! I hope he comes in and chats with you as well! Through sharing is how we figure out what works and doesn't work for us!
I agree with your wife! I did the journal for years! Now I don't need to as I can just pretty much see/predict what's going on or it's so impossible to figure out no point wasting the paper...but those new to this stuff it truly is critical to write it all down so we can figure out our triggers!
Yes D-mannose, inositol and prelief are all over the counter!
Hope you can see changes for the better soon! You have been at this for a while now! I feel your pain...but keep seeking answers you will get to a better place of that I am sure!
I believe modern medicine to be some kind of joke. Medicine is based on unhealthy drugs which cause secondary harmfull effects, most of these effects will have a terrible health impact on the long run,  and most drugs are base on the principle of treating the disease rather than healing it.

I believe is important for you to do some research about your own health condition, on the drugs you are taking (drugs come with some of the side effects written on the papers that come inside the box). Also is important for you to know that there is something called holistic medicine, which uses healthier drugs and a healthier medicine.

I have the same problem,  but I masturbated from 20-50 or more times a day on my puberty and now on my 37 age from 2-10 times a day. Sometimes it gets to the point where if I masturbate when I have urine left on me, I will feel this burning sensation for around 20 minutes.

If you want this to stop, go to a place where prostitution is legal, maybe Las Vegas, maybe another country. Pay money to have sex, and try to keep a healthy habbit of having sex at least once a month. As much as masturbation feels good and its cheaper than sex, to have a partner is also important, even if it means having to pay for it.

OMG! I’m so glad I found this community. Please accept me: I’m a 36 yr old male with severe frequency. I haven’t had a solid, consistent 8 hours of sleep since 26. I get up about every 2 hours to urintate drops. It’s about the same during the day, but I have more control and can usually hold it if I have to. But lately, it feels like I have to go every 20 minutes!!! It’s driving me absolutely crazy. Totally indentify with suicidal thoughts – even though I see the potential of enjoying life.

I’ve been to 4 urologists over the last ten years, had 2 urodynamics tests and a cystoscopy. I’ve taken Flomax, Tamsulosin and Vesicare – all of which did nothing. My last urologist told me he saw nothing wrong with prostate or bladder. He just said I have a functional disorder and that I’ll have to retrain my brain.

I masturbate about 3-4 times a week if I’m lucky. As of two months ago, I was a pretty frequent drinker, pot smoker and coffee drinker. I’ve quit all 3 and have been eating healthier and exercising when I can. The lack of sleep has been ruining my life. I work in television as an editor, so I sit a lot and have to focus intensely. I’m begninning to think I won’t be able to do my job if this problem persisits.

As mentioned in the thread, my pelvic floor muscles are probably all screwed up.
Sometimes I feel my groin area twitching or vibrating. It’s quite unnerving. There’s no serious pain when I urinate, it’s just this mild burning sensation in that area that tells my brain it’s time to pee. My bladder could definitely store more urine, it’s just that I have to release what’s in there to feel comfortable. It’s the discomfort of having to go all the time that’s ruining my life.

I’m going to reread this whole thread and write down everyone’s suggestions.
If anyone could shed any more light on what has worked and what hasn’t…that would be wonderful. I hope that everyone is doing better and has the strength to get through this.

Peace, Love and no more pissing all the time! UGH!
Even i had the same problem but got completely cured..........if you want I can help u................
Thanks for all the feedback with your situations.  My initial problems started when I was 39.  I have just turned 60.  I feel I have just learned to live with the low grade pain for me.  Sometimes worse than other times.  And can go for months without thinking about it.  I do think my over masturbation could be cause to make my symptoms flair.  As I pretty much just masturbate most of the time once per day but for long periods, 1-2 hours with porn on the internet.  It would be great not to feel the need on a daily basis and cut back to once per week for a shorter period of time.  For me currently I view this as an addiction for it is far too often and hard for me to cut back.  Better something like this rather than alcohol that I have not drank since the age of 36.  But once again thanks for sharing here.  
Hello to the new comers.  I been on this thread for a few weeks now.  I'm trying to find someone with a solution, and is very concerning hearing that most guys with the same symptoms as myself have not found cures.  I feel that long sessions of watching porn and masturbating like 2 hours is what caused this.  My urologist doesn't seem to think so, but maybe no one knows what long masturbation sessions does to the body.
I am going on a year now with this issue.
  First thing I went on was something that was suppose to shrink my prostate as the urologist thought it was slightly enlarged, that did nothing
Second went on vesicare, did nothing
Third did a round of anti biotics cause he thought I had a prostate infection, just got done with 6 weeks, did nothing.
  I go back to him on Friday.
I am trying to completely cut out masturbation and sex. I went about 2 months with very little improvement.  I did have sex last night, feels like it might be a little worse tonight.
I started wearing pads cause I'm so afraid I'm just going to **** myself.  It helps when I have to be away from a toilet for a while.
I think I'm going to try and obstain again for a while and see how that goes.
Most miserable thing I have ever went through in my life.  37 year old male, by the way
have any of you gentlemen asked your urologist to give you a referral to a pelvic floor physical therapist?
This sounds to me like PFD...and it might help! Worth a try! Good luck...I know I am the only female in this thread and my issues are not from masturbation...but all sorts of things can make the pelvic floor muscles to go into spasms and then the nerves get locked into a pattern that continue to send messages to the muscles to contract or spasm and it causes pain, urgency, leaking, inability to go, going too often only small amounts, burning...the list goes on and on...also you might ask your urologist about a valium suppository...may not work but it may...also take it for a week then take a break so you don't build a tolerance to the valium...I use it only when my pain is unbearable...it can get better, but I honestly from my experience think it will ebb and flow depending on what is happening in your life, diet, fluid intake, exercise and so on...it's tough but take it a day at a time or sometimes an hour at a time even 15 min at a time on the really bad days! If I figure mine out...I will certainly share the secret! ;) I am getting botox in my pelvic floor muscles Friday and can just hardly wait...so hopeful this will be the "trick" in my bag of tricks that helps get my life back on track! Keep seeking and if your urologist is brushing you off...please get a second...third...fourth opinion...I have seen hundreds of dr.s through the years for my pelvic floor issues and some help some are a waste of time and money but it has to be done...
Have any of you tried the bladder instills? bladder distention? I am not saying this is what to do but these are some of the options...I did the bladder instills many years ago and the bladder distention a few years ago...diet played a key part for me until I had the last prolapse surgery...can't seem to get back on track now and to a good place no matter what I try...this one is tough and I have been at it for a VERY long time...unfortunately and thankfully...we do learn to adapt, adjust and live with pain...so just know you will get better!
First, I didn't realize you were a woman, but that's neither here nor there.  I looked into a second opinion out of the advice of my regular doctor.  This urologist is part of a medical team at Robert Wood Johnson, a hospital in NJ, which apparently has a specialized department based on pelvic floor muscle tension.  So I'm going to ask him if he thinks it could be pelvic floor related.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I really hope that I'm finally heading down the right path here.  I am going to to see him tomorrow.  I will post how it goes.
lol...funny that you didn't realize I was a woman...but hey we all have pelvic floors right? ;)
Hope your appointment went well and you got some answers! I was supposed to go have botox put in my pelvic floor muscles but have a pretty strong feeling after starving all day they will be cancelling me since it's already 5p and I don't have a time...
we just have to keep moving forward! No matter what! It's not right for us to have to live in pain! xx
I actually should have known you were female by how kind you are, guys usually aren't that thoughtfully.  So I went to that new urologists, he reviewed my records and has order a urodynamic study, and a sonogram on my kidneys.  I mentioned both the pevlic floor tension and the possibility of long sessions of masturbation causing this.  He said that it probably didn't.  I still think it has something to do with it.  So after these tests we will see what he has to say.  I'm hoping after I jump through all these hoops either we find out what's wrong, or he refers me to a pelvic floor therapist.  Still having good and bad days, that's been my life for the past 2 years.  I gotta keep telling myself that its something I can deal with, otherwise thinking about it only makes it worse and my mood worse.
awww...glad you find me kind! ;)  This article is from my endometriosis group...but chronic pain is chronic pain so I am sharing it so you can understand what it can do to us and maybe share with your urologist and if the Dr. isn't receptive to learn from you...find a new Dr. I don't think the masturbation is the "cause" per say but it might be triggering it...as well as about a million other things...

http://endocomprehensive.blogspot.com/2013/11/central-sensitization.html

Any way...yes I have had to jump through many hoops through the years...just make sure you are comfortable with the hoops they make you jump..You will find your answers because you keep seeking! I understand how hard and frustrating  this is and the desire to give up...but don't! YOU are worth fighting for your wellness! Keep going!

Let me know how your tests turn out!
Yes guys i have found cure for this 100% cure and 100% natural
Hey  purr and all,
So I did my urodynamic study, not a fun experience.  It was pretty painful and obviously very invasive tubes sent into both holes.  The one in the butt was nothing compared to the one in the penis.  So anyways, the Dr said I have a very weak bladder, I'm guessing that is OAB?  Since I haven't responded well to all the initial treatments he is sending me for ptns.  Its a stimulation of a nerve in the ankle for Half an hour, once a week, for 12 weeks.  I start that Dec 1.  On a good side of things, I'm learning to manage the constant urge better.  Its just a mind over matter type thing.
Dont go for such stupid things............I have complete cure to it.................
omg I'm so glad that i've come across this thread. i"m happy that i'm not alone with what i'm going through
Hi, I'm 27 yrs old. Recently i started having problems like frequent urination and severe urgency. I went to  a doctor and i've undergone some tests and after that doc concluded that i have prostate infection. He prescribed me antibiotics i've used them for a period of 5 months. For the first 2 months i found relief when taken them, as time progressed they aren't working anymore ie.. the symptoms come and go away.I've stopped taking the medication and now i'm having good days and bad days.Good days--no urine urgency or frequency, bad days--frequency and urgency.I think my problem is due to over masturbation.I used to masturbate at least twice a day and did that for more than 12 to 15 years. Now i stopped masturbating or at least trying to i mean i only did it 4 times this weak. I'm thing i might have damaged the nerves. Now some days i feel like the urine is gonna come.the whole day it feels like its gonna burst out any time its only a matter of time. Now i'm thinking of going to homeopathy doctor an experienced guy who i used to go to if i had any issues regarding health. He's an experienced doctor and used to give me right medication back in those days and he's a well known guy in our hometown. The only problem is he was too old like in his 80's. I'm just not sure if he's still alive, i hope he is.
Wish me luck......
Will let you guys know my progress
hello guys i am 26 year old male and did get this problem. now its resolved..i have used livoflaxacin for 10 days and it did decrease my consisitancy to urinate to 3 to 4 time a days. the constant itchness to urinate is due to one body temperature too low having cold feet and feel coldinside as u feel your muscles are weaken and u feel dizziness and low metabolism on the way.. i have used blackseed as 10 pieces in the morning and in the evening with almond, walnuts and green tea. it did a lot a work and warms my body and heals my muscles and metabolism. also drink warm milk with turmeric(real) with garlic and boil these in milk. try this for two days.. i am u will feel better as a whole. regards
hey i have a problem when i go for urine i do frequent urine and and my urine flow is weak and some times i cant feel urine but when i masturbate then this problem is start after 2 or 3 weeks then it is ok but not 100% so i go to doctor and he take a urine test and he do a ultrasound and my ultrasound and urine tests are clear so doctor what you suggest me what i do which tests i say doctor to take me
hey i have a problem when i go for urine i do frequent urine and and my urine flow is weak and some times i cant feel urine but when i masturbate then this problem is start after 2 or 3 weeks then it is ok but not 100% so i go to doctor and he take a urine test and he do a ultrasound and my ultrasound and urine tests are clear so doctor what you suggest me what i do which tests i say doctor to take me????????????? :(
hi i am 14 and i dont mastubate that often maybe 5 times a week i hav been doing so for the past year, and i had the symptoms of frequent urination, weak stream, difficulty to star but no pain for the past 6 months. But recently i had a wet dream in which i didnt ejaculate and woke up right as i was about to and then i went to the bath room as i had felt a urgency to go. It hurt just a little at the time, in the morning same thing but i hurt painful erection. I had a erection for a few hours at night. This was 2 or 3 days ago now, it hurts to urinate and its difficutl starting and its frequent. I went to the doc he said it might be uti so he gave me meds and told me he was going to send my urine sample to check for uti. I go back tom and doc says he will do other tests later. I am too young for prostatitis, this condition genreally happens to older man in the 30s and 40s i think and i dont masturbate too often. However when i did i neever washed my hands if i came back home form  school i would masturbate and wash hands after. So this makes me think it might be a bacteria related problem.
i forgot to mention that when the problem started i didnt consult a doctor
i only consult the docter yesteday when the pain started happening. Im quite stressed Good luck to you guys hope u recover
UTI is not the same thing as Interstitial Cystitis.  

Always be sure to wash your hands before and after masturbating, as you can easily spread bacteria into the urinary system.
So, just an update.  I did PTNS for 12 weeks no significant change.  I go back to the urologist on Friday to see what's next.  I was wondering in the brain reset has worked for anyone, meaning not orgasming for long periods of time.
Hi there... the PTNS doesn't work for everyone.  I did it back in Nov/Dec, also.  It worked for me, but my doctor didn't let me have the monthly "tune ups", so I'm going to need to do a couple of sessions again.

In reading over the thread, I was wondering if you've actually been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis, yet...
I am damn sure that you and I have the exact same problem. I've been treated the same way you've been and I made the same mistake you did (Long session of over masturbation and porn lasting for 2 hours or more). Masturbation is perfectly healthy. Looking at porn and making orgasm last for hours is not. Anyways so yes, firstly I has an ultrasound of kidney and X ray to ensure kidney is normal which they were. Next uro suspected it to be OAB and put me on Vesicare, no respite, then he assumed it to be a UTI and I had to go through many antibiotics for the same viz - Cipro, Levo, Prulofloxacin, Nitrofurantoin, one after because each medicine has superiority over other depending upon the bacteria. So that did nothing. Then he performed urethral calibration on me and my calibration was normal. Urethral calibration is performed to ensure if there is urethral stricture( narrowing of urethra) and then I was prescribed Tamsulosin for prostate enlargement which gave me no relief. Idk what problem we have but I'm sure that we both have the same problem. It is irritating and brings a feeling of apprehension whenever you're out. Lastly the only reason I think we don't have non bacterial chronic prostatitis is because it is usually accompanied with pain, and we both don't have any pain just the urgency and frequency. May be Interstitial Cystitis could be the underlying cause but nope it is not linked in any way to over masturbation so it's unlikely that we have it. I suggest you read about Ic though. I'm really concerned about us. Do update me on what your Uro said brother.
I skipped DRE that both of us had. Lastly I'd say abstaining from PMO might help or might not. I think we should completely abstain for about a year to see the changes. Although the max I went was 2 weeks.
Hey atul,
Yes, it sounds like we are in the same boat.  My uro has now suggested that I do physical therapy.  Which I think is trying to get the pelvic floor muscles to relax.  He said the next step would be botox injections.

I haven't masturbated or had sex for a month now, But no real change.  What's DRE?
Prosticitis(?)
Hi Barb,
I think I have been diagnosed with just overactive bladder.
It's Digital Rectal exam. I hope the therapy works for you. All the best brother.
Seanmac1... Has anyone talked to you about trying to retrain your bladder?   I had to do that, and it does help, some.
I kinda have been doing that on my own.  I can go 4 to 5 hours, at night its tough to sleep though.  Obviously some days are worse than others.
Have you noticed if any foods seem to make frequency/urgency any greater?  Some foods can be triggers for some of us - things like coffee, spicy foods, citrus, certain breads, some vegetables, etc. You might try eliminating coffee, citrus and spicy things, such as mustard, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and others, to see if that helps.  Some white breads also are also triggers for me.  There's a list of IC friendly foods; I'll try to post it, but the site might be a competing one, so I may have to send it to you via private message if you're interested.
This is happening with so many people.. Happens mostly on the day when I masturbate. Or thinking of masturbating and drops it in the fear of that pain. Have anyone found any relief yet? I don't know I have my MRI done.. Thought it might be related to coral cauda which is causing this urine problems. I don't know .. I never had sex in my life.. My friends do a lot of stuff, its just me who is going through all this ****. Life is unfair sometimes!!!
how are you now....are u completely cured..............i also had the same problem but am 100% cured......if you want i can share my details with u.....
Hey u. Decreases frequency of masturbations n. Stop. Watching porn it wiill improved in you....
Were y'alls onset of symptoms progressive of sudden?"
Someone help me!  I having the same symptoms. Urinate a lot and towards the end of the urination process, I have difficulty in ejecting urine  I have to travel overseas in a week. What medicines can I take to counter my problem?
Have you been checked for a UTI?  If not, you need to be and if one is present, you will need antibiotics.
This is a very old thread... none of the previous posters have been active on the forum for a very long time; it's very possible no one will respond to your question.
Plzz do share how you got rid of the problem..plz do answer.
Hi I'm a 22 year old male and have had a constant urge to pee for 2 months now. At the start I had to pee all the time but now I only go about 4-6 times a day but still have that constant feeling of needing to go I have been tested for every thing and all has come back clear. I used to masturbate quite a lot before this started. Is this  similar to you and if so how did u fix it
Please do
I am suffering from same problem
Hello
Hi I would just like to point out that all these posts are about guys having this but I'm a girl and I have these exact same symptoms and experiences.

I'm 16 years old and have had this for more than a year I have been put on more antibiotics than I can count and have had scans that show I fine and healthy but I am getting up to pee every night at least 15 times

Even though no doctor can tell me what's wrong I have researched throughly and I believe I have 'noctoria' which is a form of over active bladder symdrom which means I have frequent urination at night especially. I'm going to sera urologist in October about it again and giving my opinion

What my advice would be is to write in a journal of how frequent you pee and the time you pee and other symptoms I'm a journal every night for a minimum of a month go to see a urologist but do research about what you think you have first if you haven't had a scan to check for different problems or check with your local gp for uti or any other infections please do before you panic.

I have had this for a year and a half and I have almost adapted to having to pee every minute, if you have any other questions please don't be afraid to ask :)
I am having the same problem, 1 yr ago I had the same problem but got relief by alfuzosin and levoflaxin but now again the problem has started.
Hi I'm just wondering if you figured out what the problem was and how to fix it
Hi all.  A message to the OP... Do you consider the frequency of your masturbation to be compulsive or something you don't have much control over?   It might be worth investigating sex addiction.  It's a very common thing, especially with the omnipresence of and infinite amount of porn that so readily accessible.     I found help and some amazing people at Sex Addicts Anonymous.  I really recommend going to  couple of meetings to see if anything rings true for you there... Many meetings in many cities in many countries.