Hematuria stopped after drinking beer?!?
For the last 4 months I have been having gross hematuria. The doctors are stumped sie I have had several CT scans with and without contrast as well as a cystectomy.They cystectomy showed blood squirting out of my left kidney. Stones and infection have been ruled out. On New Years Eve I am going in for the camera in my kidney. 4 days ago at my husbands Christmas party I had 2 beers. Since then I have not noticed blood in my urine. Could it be microscopic now? Or could my left kidney be blocked preventing the blood from coming out? I do have mild kidey pain which I did not have before. Should I still go in for the procedure as planed on NewYears Eve? I am assuming the beer cannot cure whatever underlying problem I have. Please help! I am otherwise a normal, healthy 29 year old female. Kidney cancer is in the family at young ages.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. The beer stopping the haematuria is likely to be coincidental. Possible causes of haematuria that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, trauma, erosions, ulcers, growths, masses, vascular malformations etc. If no cause(s) has been identified yet, I would suggest going ahead with the procedure, despite the symptoms having stopped to make sure the symptoms does not recur and plan specific management accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questiion! I really appreciate it :)