Interstitial Cystitis Community
IC bladder, rectocele repaired and complete hycterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis .

I had a complete hysterectomy and rectocele repaired 6 weeks ago. My husband and I have tried to have sex and he could not even get penis in vagina/ very painful.! I also have intercystial cystitis. I am in a lot of lower abdominal pain there as it is. I am trying to recover and work standing all day.  I can feel a hard nub in side the back side of my vagina. I would like to know if this is normal??? I never had that there before surgery. I only had a soft bulge and feeling of everything dropping. I still have the dropping feeling when I stand a lot. Is this normal and will it get better?
i did find out tuesday the 26th. that the nub was something normal,as discribed by my dr. IT WAS THE NORMAL.I SAID I GUESS ,I WASN`T NORMAL BEFORE,CUZ I NEVER FELT THAT. SHE SAID IT IS A NORMAL VAGINA FOLD. WELL, I SAID WHY IS IT HARD ,LIKE A CLITORIS,? SHE SAID IT WAS LIKE HAVING A BABY THRU THE VAGINA. I NEVER HAD THAT DONE, CUZ, I HAD A C/SECTION. WELL, ANYWAY, I AM STILL IN A LOT OF PAIN . I GUESS, FROM THE SURGERY AND THE IC. I HURT IN THE VAGINA AND THE KIDNEY BACK AREA. I ALSO FEEL SOOOO TENDER IN MY STOMACHE. SHE SAID I WOULD FEEL THAT WAY. OH WELL. SHE ALSO FOUND BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, WHEN SHE LOOKED UNDER MICRISCOPE. I JHAVEN`T HAD THAT SINCE MY 20`S. I AM MARRIED AND THE NURSE SAID IT WAS NOT SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED.