Interstitial Cystitis Community
Kidney & Joint Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis .

Kidney & Joint Pain

Hello. I am 36 year old married female that has never had children and has newly diagnosed Celiac Disease as of two years ago. I am 5' 8" and normal weight but have Mitral Valve Prolapse and Tachycardia arrhythmias but take medication. Several weeks ago, I started having joint pain, and then next some kidney tenderness and started feeling like I was getting a kidney infection as I had fever and felt nausea. I felt minor discomfort with urination, but never any burning. My doctor put me on Cipro and it went away. Two weeks after completing the Cipro, it came back and I did another round of Cipro. Two more weeks has passed after the past round of Cipro and I started having severe joint pain again but this time is was all over my body, with fever, and then developed kidney pain and feeling like I am getting another urinary tract infection, but it never burns to urinate. I just feel swollen. I am waiting for my doctor to call me back and decide if I need to see a specialist as Urethritis runs in my family. I drank some coffee that had soy milk in it and I reacted half way through the cup with the Celiac Rash and then that is when the joint pain started as I thought it was initially a reaction to the soymilk not being gluten free. After the kidney pain started, I realized that may not be the case. Any suggestions?