Nephrostomy Stones and Antibiotics along with pregncncy!
I am 37 weeks preganant tomorrow have a nephrostomy tube on my right side from getting severe hydronephrososis from kidney stone blockage. On top of that I have a reacurring infection and they are not sure if it is caused by the stones or the fact of a tube coming out of my back. I have been on 5 different antibiotics but the latest one is macrodontin. My question is all of a sudden i am getting a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and excessive saliva! Is that a side effect of the medecine or is it another wierd pregnancy symptom or could I be developing a mouth yeast infection. ? I have two other kids and had no problems whatsoever with hydro, stones or infection.
Hi there!

This is a likely to be a side effect of the medication, though one may consider an evaluation by your treating doctor to rule out other possible causes such as infections to be on the safer side.
Hope this helps.

Take care!