Interstitial Cystitis Community
New ic diagnosis please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis .

New ic diagnosis please help

hello I have recently been diagnost with IC, I'm taking paridium, I have this frequent need to urinate, the feeling makes me nauseous as it is constant, does anyone know how to fix this? I have been unable to get out of bed work and care for my children... is there a support group in the Cincinnati area?
Hi Beka,
I to have IC. I have battled with it for 13 years. It is inflamation (inflammation) of the bladder lining. There are diff. things that can cause it. Change diet. You can google list of what inflames it. Example: peppers, onions, alcohol high sugars spicy stuff, citrus things. Bacteria can caise inflamation (inflammation) have you doctor rule that out. If he does a culture not only if they can find out if its bactetia but that test will tell them what antibiotic will repond best to fight it. Long term use of antibiotics can kill immune system. I petsonally think some people to enclude myself have sensitive nerves in the bladder and any little thing flares it up. Talk to a Uro-gyn about this IC You might get better result. I have had my bladder stretched (destention) it forces your bladder to heal itself. you can google that. Also they have these DMSO treatments that they pour through a cath. you have to hold it 45 min. then pee it out. It baths the inside of bladder. Several treatments needed. If you find yourself not getting better with the peridium, make sure your not allergic a clear sign would be burning gets way worse. That happened to me. I was not allergic in past but I am now. Our body changes through time. If your doctor does not listen to you dave your money and change doctors. Always take a health care advocate with you to appointments ALWAYS something about the husband being present makes them treat you better. Good luck Im in same boat right now flared up bigtime right now myself. chow