Quitting Caffeine (HELP)
So my doctor told me I need to cut out the caffeine immediately the other day at my appointment. I usually drink a couple cups of dark brew coffee and about 8 cups of green tea everyday for the past few years. I am a student and I heavily rely on the caffeine to get me into focus and past exhaustion; I have never approached a paper without a cup of coffee. Yesterday I felt like I was dying! Between the terrible bladder pain and the severe headaches I literally could do nothing but lay in my bed (which I did from 5 pm til 10 am this morning...). I awoke today to another pounding headache, and still existing bladder pain. I have about 4 papers to write today and a project to do, and I am seriously desperate. I can't have the caffeine, but I just honestly have zero focus and have not a clue where to start!

Any other caffeine quitters: what helped you regain your focus? How did you get through it functionally?
Hi there!

Caffeine is a bladder irritant and can exacerbate IC. You could try switching to non-caffeine containing herbal coffee,  that is associated with decreased side effects. If this does not seem to help or you have trouble switching over, I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist for a de-addiction program.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
hi!
I thought coffee was bad because its acidic, not because of the caffeine? which is why decaf isnt ok either-
can you clarify with your dr because if its just coffee then you can have a tea that doesnt bother you.  also, have you changed your diet?  when you start connecting which foods bug you it does help with pain a lot!