Severe pain and bladder spasms after urinating - Interstitial Cystitis?
I have had urinary/bladder issues my whole life (23 years), and have had frequent urinary tract infections due to a high post-void residual. The last 4 years, I have felt like I had a UTI at times, and went to the doctor only to have the urine cultures come back negative. Sometimes I was prescribed antibiotics because of my history, but the pain and bladder spasms would still come back. I saw a urologist, who did not give me any answers but I was not having UTI's, and that maybe i needed to stop drinking juice. I have noticed that if I do not drink enough during the day, my bladder feels like it is spasming after I urinate and causes me severe pain for 30 seconds, and then resolves. Once I drink a glass of water, it seems to resolve.

My question is this ... what does this all mean? I have heard a little about Interstitial Cystitis, and it seems to have similar symptoms, is that what I could possibly have? 23 years of bladder issues is getting old, and I'd like to figure out how to manage it. Thanks!