Aa
A
A
Close
burning pain coming from vagina bladder area
hi 3 months ago I started with a sore uncomfortable feeling in my vulva it felt like thrush took canestan pessary 4 over 4weeks then noticed urgency to pass urine after about an hour of going the toilet.  I was perscribed antibiotics over 10days more canestan then streriod cream and vegifam 10mg pessarys. During this time I have had this uncomfortable feeling of needing the toilet which is worse at night when I can feel a pain in the left side of my vagina I have had 10 urine samples sent off all clear and 4 vagina swabs which one indicated I had vaginalitis which I was given antibiotics. I have noticed the pain is much worse when I sit for long periods or lie down.  I have been trying to put a brave face on but now I cant ever imagine feeling well again. I have a six year old who cant understand why his mum isnt as much fun as she was. It is toatally controlling my life I am in the second year of uni but I cant concentrate and my work is going down. I have a referral to see a gyny but my GP thinks I just have an overactive bladder and I should just live with it. I dont know what to do im so desperate can anyone help please
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GU tract infections, inflammations, neuro-muscular causes, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a gynaecologist initially for a detailed evaluation and if need be, a urological consult may be sought for appropriate management of the condition diagnosed.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Interstitial Cystitis Community Resources