burning pain coming from vagina bladder area
hi 3 months ago I started with a sore uncomfortable feeling in my vulva it felt like thrush took canestan pessary 4 over 4weeks then noticed urgency to pass urine after about an hour of going the toilet.  I was perscribed antibiotics over 10days more canestan then streriod cream and vegifam 10mg pessarys. During this time I have had this uncomfortable feeling of needing the toilet which is worse at night when I can feel a pain in the left side of my vagina I have had 10 urine samples sent off all clear and 4 vagina swabs which one indicated I had vaginalitis which I was given antibiotics. I have noticed the pain is much worse when I sit for long periods or lie down.  I have been trying to put a brave face on but now I cant ever imagine feeling well again. I have a six year old who cant understand why his mum isnt as much fun as she was. It is toatally controlling my life I am in the second year of uni but I cant concentrate and my work is going down. I have a referral to see a gyny but my GP thinks I just have an overactive bladder and I should just live with it. I dont know what to do im so desperate can anyone help please
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GU tract infections, inflammations, neuro-muscular causes, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a gynaecologist initially for a detailed evaluation and if need be, a urological consult may be sought for appropriate management of the condition diagnosed.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!