Interstitial Cystitis Community
doctors and Interstitial Cystitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis .

doctors and Interstitial Cystitis

I've had IC for 6years now, gone through testing, pain pills, taken elmiron, done installations of dmso50 and everything with nothing working, finally was taken in by the Beth Isreal pain clinic and they helped me deal with the chronic pain.  When my insurance made me change urologists (i've had quite a few) the first thing they said is they aren't sure i have IC and wanted me to go through testing all over again-so I got upset and haven't been back- Why do the doctors that don't know about this disease automatically think you must be exaggerating your symptoms and want you to start back over at the beginning? They don't consider that maybe the patient is at their extreme limit having been through all these years of testing, pain, and disbelief already and then to get a new dr that wants to start all over? Should i go back to the dr and face the embarassment and harassment again or yet again get a new urologist (that makes it look like i'm dr shopping until i hear what i want) *sigh*