epididymitis or something else?
I had an inguinal hernia repaired in 2007. After surgery I likely began exercising too quickly as my right testicle swelled dramatically (and seemed to be filled with fluid). I had a super high fever and could barely walk. I went on antibiotics, rest, ice, and it subsided. I had a vasectomy in 2011 with no complications. I've been monogamous for 20 years and have no STD's. Now I'm in India traveling with family for a year (and reluctant to visit a doc unless really necessary), and the same right testicle is tender and seems to have glandular swelling in the upper, right, rear section, right near where it connects to the groin/thigh. It's more tender when I'm walking, especially naked. There's no hard, smooth lump so I don't think it's an epidydimal cyst. I'm here to do a pretty strenuous form of yoga that I don't want to give up. I'm inclined to start a course of 500mg Cipro given that worked 6 years ago. Thoughts?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GU infections, inflammations, trauma, growths/ masses (strangulation/ ischaemia) etc. Though the antibiotic may work, in case this happens to be an infection other possibilities would need to be ruled out as well. It would be best to have this evaluated by a urologist at your earliest convenience for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!