Interstitial Cystitis Community
interstitial cystitis + epstein barr virus +IBS
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

interstitial cystitis + epstein barr virus +IBS

Hello- I'm trying to figure out if any of these conditions are related. I've had problems with interstitial cystitis for 10 years- but I was only diagnosed with it six months ago. I've also had mono (caused by the epstein barr virus) numerous times since I was a kid. But I also have had stomach problems for years- intermittent, but when they flare up its not good. Recently I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done, but no diagnosis was actually made. They just said that I have intestinal inflammation. Maybe it's IBS, maybe its crohn's- who knows. I'm trying to figure out if these things are at all related. Online I can't find anything saying they are related- but maybe someone out there has experienced similar combinations of symptoms?

Thanks,

Kristy_sih
Related Discussions
1378271_tn?1278969900
I'm going through almost the exact same thing. they tested me for cronhs and u.c. through a colonoscopy. said i have nothing noticeably wrong except for a spastic colon, and hemorrhoids. I have interstitial cystitis (just got diagnosed about a month ago) which has been ongoing since I was a child. I also have an overactive bladder. Ive had mononucleosis as a child and teen. And now I have scleritis in my eye (reddening of the white part along w/ intense pain). I too am trying to find a cause. My doctors now are testing for Multiple Sclerosis as a underlying cause of all of this as well as lupus. I wish you the best of luck. If you get any insight, let me know. Thanks.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Interstitial Cystitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...