Aa
A
A
Close
interstitial cystitis + epstein barr virus +IBS
Hello- I'm trying to figure out if any of these conditions are related. I've had problems with interstitial cystitis for 10 years- but I was only diagnosed with it six months ago. I've also had mono (caused by the epstein barr virus) numerous times since I was a kid. But I also have had stomach problems for years- intermittent, but when they flare up its not good. Recently I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done, but no diagnosis was actually made. They just said that I have intestinal inflammation. Maybe it's IBS, maybe its crohn's- who knows. I'm trying to figure out if these things are at all related. Online I can't find anything saying they are related- but maybe someone out there has experienced similar combinations of symptoms?

Thanks,

Kristy_sih
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1378271 tn?1278969900
I'm going through almost the exact same thing. they tested me for cronhs and u.c. through a colonoscopy. said i have nothing noticeably wrong except for a spastic colon, and hemorrhoids. I have interstitial cystitis (just got diagnosed about a month ago) which has been ongoing since I was a child. I also have an overactive bladder. Ive had mononucleosis as a child and teen. And now I have scleritis in my eye (reddening of the white part along w/ intense pain). I too am trying to find a cause. My doctors now are testing for Multiple Sclerosis as a underlying cause of all of this as well as lupus. I wish you the best of luck. If you get any insight, let me know. Thanks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Interstitial Cystitis Community Resources