Interstitial Cystitis Community
penile sensory loss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

penile sensory loss

I am 25 years old and have a long standing backache problem. For the past couple of months I have noticed numbness of the ventral surface of penis at the junction of penis and scrotum and this sensory loss is gradually increasing anteriorly.I don't have sensory loss anywhere else. I consulted many neurologists/urologists but nobody could gave me a satisfactory explanation. Please help me.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, this would be a very difficult situation to comment on without a clinical evaluation. Sensory loss could be caused due to peripheral or central neurological issues, a few infections affecting the nervous system, trauma, micronutrient deficiencies etc. Issues at the spinal level (back) are usually associated with involvement of a larger area or additional symptoms; and this more likely sounds like a peripheral cause. It would be best to have this evaluated by a neurologist at a university/ teaching hospital for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Interstitial Cystitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979