Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
2nd opinion

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

2nd opinion

In 2006, I had CABG for blockages (2) in the main left coronary artery.  However, the graft was unsuccessful for the blockage in the circumflex coronary artery.  The cardiologist has told me I am not a candidate for angioplasty or a stent.  He says it is because of the "anatomy of the vessel".  He performed another heart cath 7 months after the  CABG, and my heart went into "v-fib".  In the last 4 months,  I have begun to experience increase in shortness of breath and exercise-induced angina (stable).  I take Plavix, Lipitor, Niaspan (just recently), Atenelol, and aspirin.  Should I seek a second opinion or is this blockage anything I should be overly concerned with?  
If you have stable angina, you may not need anything done now, but you should definitely stay under the care of a cardiologist for regular follow up
Today I received a letter from my cardiologist that he is closing his practice effective Dec 31, 2008.  I am desperate for advice re: occlusion in circumflex coronary artery. I also received a copy of my lab results from Nov:  Triglycerides 234, HDL 38, Chloride 108.  Can a doctor in this forum please advise me what to do at this point?  I have no idea where to go from here.  Thank you in advance for any advice.