Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
2nd opinion
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2nd opinion

In 2006, I had CABG for blockages (2) in the main left coronary artery.  However, the graft was unsuccessful for the blockage in the circumflex coronary artery.  The cardiologist has told me I am not a candidate for angioplasty or a stent.  He says it is because of the "anatomy of the vessel".  He performed another heart cath 7 months after the  CABG, and my heart went into "v-fib".  In the last 4 months,  I have begun to experience increase in shortness of breath and exercise-induced angina (stable).  I take Plavix, Lipitor, Niaspan (just recently), Atenelol, and aspirin.  Should I seek a second opinion or is this blockage anything I should be overly concerned with?