Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Anomalous RCA with pericarditis

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Anomalous RCA with pericarditis
I am a 38yr old female who was diagnosed with pericarditis, interior atrial septal anurysm, and now anomalous RCA. Are they all connected somehow and what options do I have as far as surgery is concerned?
Pericarditis is an acquired condition and the other two you were born with.  I know of no association between an anomalous RCA and an atrial septal aneurysm.  Unless these conditions are producing symptoms you likely need no treatment.
Thank you for your comments. Why is it that only now are they finding this issues? I am retired military, Army, had cervical cancer for the better part of 9yrs,and was given a Supercervical Hysterectomy in May of '05. So, again, I ask, why now?

Since I placed these posts on here I was contacted by my cardiologists. I am scheduled to have a cardiac cath/angiogram this Monday. Would you agree that this is the best course of action? Mind you, my father had a massive heart attack at the age of 55. His parents died very young as well. I don't drink or smoke. I gave them both up Jan '00.

Anything you could tell me would help me dearly. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Elena