Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Anomalous RCA with pericarditis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Anomalous RCA with pericarditis

I am a 38yr old female who was diagnosed with pericarditis, interior atrial septal anurysm, and now anomalous RCA. Are they all connected somehow and what options do I have as far as surgery is concerned?
Related Discussions
290383_tn?1193103921
Pericarditis is an acquired condition and the other two you were born with.  I know of no association between an anomalous RCA and an atrial septal aneurysm.  Unless these conditions are producing symptoms you likely need no treatment.
2 Comments
Blank
685584_tn?1227117400
Thank you for your comments. Why is it that only now are they finding this issues? I am retired military, Army, had cervical cancer for the better part of 9yrs,and was given a Supercervical Hysterectomy in May of '05. So, again, I ask, why now?

Since I placed these posts on here I was contacted by my cardiologists. I am scheduled to have a cardiac cath/angiogram this Monday. Would you agree that this is the best course of action? Mind you, my father had a massive heart attack at the age of 55. His parents died very young as well. I don't drink or smoke. I gave them both up Jan '00.

Anything you could tell me would help me dearly. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Elena
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank