Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Appropriate referral
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Appropriate referral

I am a 60 yr. old female. I have hypertension, psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, sleep apnea, reflux, hyperlipidemia and obesity. I am currently taking Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Lipitor, Lasix, Potassium, Atacand, Atenolol, Folic Acid and I routinely use a Bipap. I am experiencing increasing S.O.B.which I was first aware of at higher elevations but now I feel SOB at lower elevations and at times when resting. In addition, I have frequet episodes of irregular pulse, swelling of my ankles, and feeling anxious. Within the last 6 months I have had a noraml echo, stress test, 30 day cardiac monitor, pulmonary functions and lab tests. My pulmonologist briefly mentioned pulmonary hypertnesion but no follow-up was recommended.. At this time, I'm not certain where to go. Is this a cardiac or pulmonary condition? I have also read where MTX. can cause S.O.B.?
Tags: Atacand