Bradycardia
I recently had a heart attack and had to have a stent.  I was given a  beta blocker which caused my heart to pause 4 times. The doctors are telling me I will now need a pacemaker. I do not have high blood pressure,fast heart rate, high cholesterol etc. In fact I have bradycardia all my life with an occasional symptom.I am not over weight. I am 46 and healthy. My heart attack was caused by smoking and stress. During my heart attack in the ambulance I showed no signs of being in cardic arrest it was the blood test at the hospital that showed I had a heart attack. Question do I need to be on a beta blocker ? I do not want a pacemaker at least not ye and especially because beta blocker is causing the pauses. I am still hospitalize and off beta blocker I have to decide by Monday. I have had no pauses and my heart if fine.  
In general beta blockers are recommended after a heart attack and maybe the dose could be lowered so you will have the beta blocker protection without the pauses.  You should listen to the doctors and if there is still a question I think you should ask for a second opinion.