Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Cardiac Catheter
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cardiac Catheter

If I get get catheterization is it necessary that I also get a stent?  Or can they just use a balloon catheter?

I got a call from my cardiologists and they want to catheterize me but I am afraid I have some odd personal views regarding having something permanently implanted inside of me or having to permanently be on expensive medications for the rest of my life given how unreliable my employer is as I am a government flunky.  Are there generally alternatives?

And is it possible that my heart abnormality is just something as simple a perforated valve?  I know that is what my sister takes medicine for...

Otherwise I will probably vote to go with a shorter life and not have the procedure done.  Silly, I know, given that I am a Taoist and really should not have any objections to having something implanted within myself.