Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Cyst on Aorta
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Cyst on Aorta

Hi,

I am a female in her mid 40's. I will be going to the hospital on the advice of my doctor to get an MRI. A CT scan yesterday showed a cyst on my aorta 8mm in size.Can anyone give me more information about this condition?

Thank you.

Maria

Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
298366_tn?1193105892
I attempted to review the medical literature but there is virtually no literature on this topic. I would get the MRI to see if this is truly a cyst. Sometimes people with a previous history of syphilis get aortic aneurysms or cysts. If that is not your case you may have cystic medial necrosis..I think the MRI will help clarify.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Thank you so much for your answer. I still haven't talked with my physician, but after reading up on this, I feel I am in a better position to understand the condition.

Again, thanks.

Maria
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, para-aortic cyst was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now