Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Defibulator Vest

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Defibulator Vest

Would you please provide me information on the use of a defibulator vest ie. how it works, what to monitor for when one is in use, ect.............  I appreciate your help.
Thank you
The vest is made by Lifecor,Inc and you can go to their web site and get alot of information.  Basically you wear the device like a vest and it has electrodes which attach to the device and it monitors and can deliver electrical  shocks to restore the heart rhythm.  It costs about $3,000 per month for the device. The device is about 70% successful in treating sudden cardiac arrest.