FEMUR ARTERIAL BRUIT
THE DOCTOR FOUND A NOISEY BLOOD FLOW DOWN NEAR MY FEMUR ARTERY. MY EKG WAS FINE AND THE HEART MONITOR SHOWED NO SIGNS. THE CARTOID
AREA HE SAID WAS GOOD.  I HAVE NO SYMTOMS. I HAVE BEEN UNDER A LOT OF STRESS LATELY ESPECIALLY DURING HOLIDAYS AS WE LOST OUR SON SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND I GO FROM DEPRESSION TO MUCH ANXIETY WHEN I AM HOME.  I WORK AND MY JOB IS VERY ACTIVE RUNNING UP AND DOWN 40 STEPS FREQUENTLY, WALKING ALL OVER THE BUILDING AND VERY RARELY STILL AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS.  HE IS SENDING ME FOR A CORONARY CT SCAN AS HE IS SKEPTICAL OF THE INVASIVE PROCEDURE OF CATHERIZATIONS (AS I AM)  ALSO HAVING SONOGRAM, DOPPLER SCAN OF ALL ARTERIES.  HOW SERIOUS IS THIS AND ARE THERE TREATMENTS OTHER THAN OPERATIONS. I DO TRUST MY DOCTOR BUT AM A WRECK.  I ORIGINALLY WENT BECAUSE I HAVE HAD SINUS INFECTIONS OFF AND ON AND DEVELOPED A COUGH AND SOME SORENESS IN BREAST BONE AREA WHICH WAS GONE BY TIME I WENT TO THE APPOINTMENT.
The femoral artery bruit may be a marker of vascular disease and it sounds like your doctor is working you up for this very well.  At times bruits can be heard without vascular disease due to vessel tortuousity.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Cardiologists in your area?