Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
FEMUR ARTERIAL BRUIT
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

FEMUR ARTERIAL BRUIT

THE DOCTOR FOUND A NOISEY BLOOD FLOW DOWN NEAR MY FEMUR ARTERY. MY EKG WAS FINE AND THE HEART MONITOR SHOWED NO SIGNS. THE CARTOID
AREA HE SAID WAS GOOD.  I HAVE NO SYMTOMS (symptoms). I HAVE BEEN UNDER A LOT OF STRESS LATELY ESPECIALLY DURING HOLIDAYS AS WE LOST OUR SON SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND I GO FROM DEPRESSION TO MUCH ANXIETY WHEN I AM HOME.  I WORK AND MY JOB IS VERY ACTIVE RUNNING UP AND DOWN 40 STEPS FREQUENTLY, WALKING ALL OVER THE BUILDING AND VERY RARELY STILL AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS.  HE IS SENDING ME FOR A CORONARY CT SCAN AS HE IS SKEPTICAL OF THE INVASIVE PROCEDURE OF CATHERIZATIONS (AS I AM)  ALSO HAVING SONOGRAM, DOPPLER SCAN OF ALL ARTERIES.  HOW SERIOUS IS THIS AND ARE THERE TREATMENTS OTHER THAN OPERATIONS. I DO TRUST MY DOCTOR BUT AM A WRECK.  I ORIGINALLY WENT BECAUSE I HAVE HAD SINUS INFECTIONS OFF AND ON AND DEVELOPED A COUGH AND SOME SORENESS IN BREAST BONE AREA WHICH WAS GONE BY TIME I WENT TO THE APPOINTMENT.