Heart Bypass
I had bypass surgery 18 years ago.  The surgeon said if my hands were effected by the use of
the mammary gland (swelling, pain and tingling) sit on the edge of the bed and shake my hands
until the circulation increased to normal.  Over the last ten years my hand  are extremely painful and without good circlulation, tingling and burning,lots of pain.  Is the use of the mammary
gland the result of this condition.,   David
The surgeons use the internal mammary artery to bypass the coronary arteries. This should not cause the symptoms you report.  You should make sure your blood pressure is equal in both arms because subclavian artery blockage could cause the symptoms.  You might have a peripheral neuropathy or carpal tunnel syndrome to account for your symptoms.
Thank you so much for your answer.  Regards, David
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Cardiologists in your area?