Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Heart Palpitations Fast and slow
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heart Palpitations Fast and slow

I am 22 yrs old and lately i've been experience some very unpleasant sensations with my heart. Throughout the day, I seem to have an increased awareness of my heart at any given time. Whenever I do, I notice that it's beating very irregular. It's either going fast(never above 130 at rest), or going really slow with what feels like pauses when it's going slow(usually around 50-60). There are times when I'm not even aware of my heart, but I will get a split second sensation of lack of breathe and a sharp burning sensation in the upper chest and in my throat. Also, sometimes when I'm exercising on a treadmill, I notice that even after exerting myself, my heart rate will not budge above 100 according to my polar watch. When I stop, it abruptly drops down back to 60bpm. This doesn't happen all the time but it concerns me. I have seen a cardiologist who ran some standard tests(EKG,Holter,Echo,blood, and stress test) but it all came back normal. He told me that I don't have anything to worry about. The only thing that he found was Sinus Arrythmia which he claims is a sign of health. Should I seek a second opinion, or am I just over analyzing myself and just have an increased awareness of my heart?