Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Heart Problems

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Heart Problems

I failed a stress test induced by a drug due to weakness of legs.  Why would the doctor want to repeat this test?  My blood pressure goes to high is reason for stopping it.  I also had an abnormal EKG. Previous history includes two heart stents in June of 2005.
What do you mean by "failed a stress test?" I think you mean you couldn't complete the test--if it means it was not a complete test then your doctor may want to repeat it to ensure the results are accurate.
I'm sorry but that's how the doctor explained it to me. You are correct, I was unable to complete the test.  I feel like something was crushing my chest and I was having trouble breathing.  They stopped the test because my blood pressure went too high.  I have high blood pressure and take three different pills per day to help control but it's still too high.
I wondered if it was safe to repeat the stress test?

Thank you
HI I HAVE MITRIA VALVE PROLASE . DR. MIKE SEWELL SAYS IT HAS 50% REGERGATION BACK INTO MY HEART. THE PALPATATIONS AND FLUTTERS ARE BOTHERSOME . AT TIMES. I TAKE VERAPAMIL 180 AND TOPERAL 50MIL. EVERY NIGHT AND THEY HELP BUT I CAN TELL WHEN THEY WARE OFF. HE SAYS MY MITRAL VALVE DOSNT CLOSE. AND MY ELECTRICAL SYSTEM GOES THROGH MY HEART INSTEAD OF AROUND IT LIKE IT IS SUPPOSE TO. WILL HE EVER NEED TO FIX IT SURGICAL ? . IT INHERITED IT FROM MY MOM WHO IS NOW DECEASED. I ALSO GOT THE ANEMIA WHICH FOR NOW IS O.K. CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS HEART DEFECT? THANKS.
HI ITS ME AGAIN I GO SEE MY CARTEALIST TODAY FOR A CHECK UP DR. KASABOLIE WONT RENEW MY HEAT MED AGAIN UNTIL I SEE HIM HE HAS DONE IT TWICE BUT WANTS TO SEE ME NOW. CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT CHEST PAINS IS THAT FROM THE MVP?