Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Heart Transplant for Transposition of Vessels patient
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Heart Transplant for Transposition of Vessels patient

I'm not positive this is the correct area, but here goes.  My boyfriend, soon to be husband, if hopefully going to be having a heart transplant in the next year.  We are wanting to make sure he is as prepared and healthy as he can be for this surgery.  He was born with Transposition of the Great Vessels, having had corrective surgery at a few months old to reverse blood flow in the heart and had valve replacement when he was 7 yrs old.  He has in the last 4 years had 4-5 heart failures.  I was hoping to have some diet/exercise suggestions made.  Of course all information will be taken and used carefully, but we both want to make sure he is prepared for this surgery.  Thank you in advance for any help/information provided.