Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Help

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Help
I am doing a project for school and I can't seem to find anything on deteriation of the Sinoatrial node (SA). I also wanted to know if that is the main reasons why patients have to have a Pace Maker inputted to there (SA) node. Please get back to me as soon as possible.
The commonest reson for Sinus node dysfunction is broadly called "Sick Sinus Syndrome" commomly seen in the elderly and usualy needs a pacemaker. I hope this helps