Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
ICD lead

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

ICD lead
Which chamber of the heart is the lead from an ICD usually implanted in ? According my my echo it is in the right atrium, for some reason I thought it was usually the ventricle maybe I just assumed this.
ICD leads can be in the right ventricle or the right atrium and the right ventricle. It  may be that the echo reader saw the lead in the atrium and not in the ventricle. If I were you I would find out exactly what type you have to make sure the leads are in the correct place
I have a single lead ICD which is why I was a bit surprised at the reference to RA. Shall check with my doc tomorrow, thanks.