Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Icecream Chest Pain ?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Icecream Chest Pain ?

I'm a 55 yo Male. 3 MIs -First 15 yrs ago/ 2nd 3 yrs ago/ last 7 weeks ago .  In 15 years have had 23 Angioplasties / 12 Stents (Older ones not Drug Eluding) and 18 Seperate Caths. Distal parts of RCA/LAD/Circumflex filling with no way to get balloon down that deep. Was diagnosed with Prinzmetal's Angina about 7 yrs ago on Cath Table - Present Dr. does not think I have it. Have had 2 episodes of SVT  -  Am on Atenanol/ Isosorbide Dinitrate/ Plavix ( 75 mg x 2) / Lanoxin / ASA / Cymbalta .  Recently I had some Icecream (1st time in 8 years) ate too fast and got a brain freez headache - but at exactly same time and with the same throb as the headache I had chest pain that mimiced one of the type of my chest pains. Headache stops ,so does chest pain. Is this a vagus nerve issue ? After the last MI I had a Cath due to some chest pains ( very similar to the Icecream event ) and some blockages were found that were also there just after the MI Angio 7 weeks ago. Some are 50% to 65% but short in length - those were left alone.