Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Inverted t waves
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Inverted t waves

Last week I felt upper chest (inch below my adams apple) pressure. It wasn't debilitating, but it's something I hadn't felt before and wanted it make sure it was "nothing". I went to urgent care and after EKG (blood pressure was fine), the Doc sent me to ER. The EKG he had preformed showed an inverted t wave. Could you please tell me more about inverted t waves?

At the ER, many tests were done: CAT scan, chest XRay, blood work, etc. All came up normal. Another EKG was done and again showed an inverted T wave. I was released and sent home. Of course, I was a wreck and have been having anxiety since then.

I went to a Cardiologist who did another EKG and yes, again the T wave were flipped. My eco that he gave was as he put it "fine". And said don't worry too much about the chest pressure (which comes and goes - and is mild), unless it become debilitating or I get short of breath, etc. I am scheduled for a Stress test this week.

My questions are: Why would the Urgent Care doc send me to the ER with and inverted t wave and the Card didn't seem to think too much of it? That worries me. Also, what causes inverted t waves? I had an EKG done at my physical last year and it wasn't flipped. I do have heart palpatations every now and then. Esp. now, b/c of stress I'm hoping!

Please shed some light on this issue - I would be indebted. Thank you.
Amy