Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Low VO2 results
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low VO2 results

I am a 49 year old male retired nurse with stage 3 heart failureI was active duty army for 15 years and was always master fitness. Since leaving the Army I have had 2 MI's, 7 stents and had a DOR procedure 2 years ago. I am also polypharmacy (30+) for my heart failure, hyperlididemia etc. I also have a BiV pacer.

My last Ejection fraction was 30%, pre DOR it was 19%. I had a VO2 last week and my practitioner got hold of me and said I am concerned with VO2 dt low ml/kg/min observed 13.3.. What might this mean? I was never exopsed much to VO2 results when working in the ICU.

Thank You