Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Pain in high upper left chest, shoulder and sometimes neck.

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

I am a 38 yr old male that has been having a burning pain that feels like I have been kicked in the stomach in the upper left part of my chest near collarbone, ribs that sometimes goes into the top part of my arm and sometimes even my left backbone.  It comes and goes over the past 2 years.  I have had multiple EKG's, stress test, even angiogram to see if it is heart related.  Nothing shows as a problem.  Pain is sometimes relieved if I push on the area affected, but it is a deep pain.  I have history of heart problems on my Dad's side.  My BP hovers around 135/90.  I get anxiety attacks as a result of these pains.  They will disappeat for a couple of months and come pack a little stronger.  They are not worse or better at any particular time in the day.  Physical exertion does not seem to make it better or worse.  My doctors have xrayed chest with nothing.  I really think it is something pinching nerves or deep muscle related, but it exhibits many of the symptoms of a heart attack.  Thoracic Outlet Syndrome is close, but the pain never goes down into my hands or fingers.  I just want to make sure it is not heart related.  How would I know?

Any suggestions or advice are appreciated.
I think the tests you have had certainly would seem to exclude a heart problem.
1 Comment
A related discussion, Pain in upper chest/colar bone/deltoid/nervous. was started.