Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Pulmonary Hypertension
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pulmonary Hypertension

I have questions regarding Pulmonary Hypertension as a result of a cardiac catherization done recently.I have a known small airway lung disease but I have not had a specific diagnosis.  I know from several tests that my heart is fine. Stress test (echo-cardiagram) plus an additional two other echocardiogram. I have not been able to get a specific diagnosis, I am having trouble getting my heart doctor to classify my Pulmonary Hypertension after the cath  procedure. The numbers below seem ominous when I read some papers. I am trying to understand how bad the Pulmonary hypertension is:

SVC (superior vena cava) mean =9mmHg and

Pulmonary Atery sys/dia
PA (mean values)= 32/26 (mmHg) mean values systolic/diastolic
PA (max values) =37/27
average value =28 mmHg

PCW Mean=16  A-wave=18  V-wave=20 mmHg

From reading I find that these measurements are the gold standard for defining the condition "Pulmonary Hypertension"  My doctors know that the lung is the problem which makes it "secondary" PH. I don't have a scale (normal,slight, moderate, or severe") Could you describe the SPH severity from these numbers ?