Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Question about Abdominal Aorta
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Question about Abdominal Aorta

Hello,
I have a question to which I've never been able to get an answer for.

I've been told I have a very prominent abdominal aorta and pulse. I've been told this ever since I could recall--all the way back to my teenage years. However, I am not thin at all. I am now 36 and another doctor recently expressed their concern about it. Abdominal ultrasounds and a couple CTs in the distant past have been normal, but did not involve contrast.

Can normal people who are not thin have abnormally strong abdominal aortas and is there anything in the medical literature to explain why this has been happening to me? Is this something worth monitoring? Thanks.
Dodi