Question about Abdominal Aorta
I have a question to which I've never been able to get an answer for.

I've been told I have a very prominent abdominal aorta and pulse. I've been told this ever since I could recall--all the way back to my teenage years. However, I am not thin at all. I am now 36 and another doctor recently expressed their concern about it. Abdominal ultrasounds and a couple CTs in the distant past have been normal, but did not involve contrast.

Can normal people who are not thin have abnormally strong abdominal aortas and is there anything in the medical literature to explain why this has been happening to me? Is this something worth monitoring? Thanks.
Dodi

Although it is true that thin individuals have palpable aorta even when the aorta is normal, it is always a good idea to have it investigated if it is prominent in any individual. If the aorta is found to be dilated (big) it should be monitored, and if it dilates beyond a point intervention may be needed.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Cardiologists in your area?