Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
SarsA

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

SarsA

Dear Sir

I am 26 years old female. I have been in the banking profession for the last 4 years whereby my job involves alot of stress. For about 2 months now I have been experiencing a very strange problem. I get this squeezing/tightning feel in my chest. This sometimes lasts for most of the day and sometimes I don't experience this at all. You may note that drinking something warm aur burping does loosen the tightness, but it doesn't get better altogther. I have gotten this examined by a leading general phyiscian from Pakistan (this is where I live) and he had a few tests run on me. This includes, BP, ECG, Blood Test for determining the thyroid level and calcium and phosperous levels.  Everything came out perfect. Next he tried the PMT test to asthama. The results said that I do have a mild asthama, which sort of explains why I am short of breath sometimes. However, the pain I am talking about gets very bad and sometimes it rediates to the jaw and the back. The doctor has given me anti-asthamtic (myteka) and anti-allergy (telefast), i don't really think it is helping that much, because i have taken it for quite sometime. I do have an irritable bowl most of the time. Furthermore, I am not overwieght either, I am 5"8 and weigh 60 Kgs. I just request your help in helping me determining the cause of this problem. Its kind of hampering my daily life, although I try my best to ignore it. I have carried on my normal routine, nothing has changed because of this, but I am sort of sick of the pain now. Will really appreciate it if you can help.
Likely the cause of your symptoms are from your stomach or your esophagus and this is why the warm beverage helps.  You need an evaluation in this area.