Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Single Coronary anomaly??
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Single Coronary anomaly??

MY now 7 month old son was recently given a diagnosis of Abnormal Coronary Artery- single coronary with the RCA off the the left main and coursing between the great arteries.  With intermittent symptoms compatible with myocardial ischemia although he has normal cardiac dimensions and function.  The doctor clearly states in the report that they do not know what the significance of this anomaly is and further more told us to go home and they would check him in a year.  Of course I wasn't satisfied with that so I am seeking another opinion.  However after doing some research I want to know how effective is a nuclear stress test under sedation in a then 6 month old and does it provide enough information to send us home for a year no worries?  Would an cath. test be better and provide better information?  What should I be asking for in seeking this second opinion?