Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
What can cause pressure & shortness of breath
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What can cause pressure & shortness of breath

My 62 year old wife was having mild angina attacks 1 year ago (ocassional shortnesss of breath & pain). Her Dr. did an angio and found 1 partially blocked artery with spasms. He inserted a stent. Put her on Plavix & Lipitor. She has been fine for 11 months, but now has similar symptons. A nuclear stress was negative. She excercises 4 or 5 times per week descending & climbing 9 flights of stairs with no problem, but could develop tightness & shortness of breath while sitting or while sleeping.  Her Dr has her on an event recorder. Would a heart CT scan help? Would it show the stent and indicaye if it is restricting? Is another angio the only answer?
Tags: Heart