Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
abdominal vibrations

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

abdominal vibrations

I am experiencing a strange sensation of vibrations (like a cell phone on vibrate mode) in my lower left abdominal or deep inguinal or deep gluteal area.  It is a little hard to pinpoint.  This sensation is non-painful and non-palpable and occurs every 3-5 minutes and lasts 5-10 seconds and has been going on for about 1 week.  Have you heard of anything like this?  Could it be vascular?  My femoral pulse feels normal as does my aortic (abdominal) pulse.
I am not sure what is causing the symptoms but you should see a physician to get this checked.
I have the same thing. iIt started about a month and a half ago.  I try to find out exactly where it stems from but it is in the general area you mention except that mine happen for much more extended periods of time. More like hours. I was wondering if it was not my colon but it does not seem to be there.
I have it too!  I've recently had 2 cardioversions and am on anticoagulant as well as a heart rhythm regulating med.  It's interesting that you should mention the possibility of it being vascular.  I'll have to bring this up at my next appt. and will post the response.
Hi I also get this but have always put it down to my MS and have never mentioned it to any Medical peron - should I?  It can be really anoying, but I have kind of got used to it - especially now that it is not constant.

Sal
A related discussion, deep internal abdominal vibrations was started.