Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
corisol elevation and cardiac symptoms
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

corisol elevation and cardiac symptoms

this may be a chicken/egg question.  I've been having left sided chest pain, LUQ pain, and left sided back and armpit discomfort for months.  Somestines the  pain is associated with lighheadedness, dizzziness, nausea etc.  i have had a thourough GI workup with no findings.  I also have a high pulse, sometimes 100 resting and low blood pressure.  I had some hormones tested and my serum and urine cortisol were elevated mildly.  I had a dexamenthasone suppression test and did suppress.  (Also brain and abdominal MRI were neg).  I know that cortisol is a stress hormone.  Would an elevated level cause a fast heartrate?  Also, I 've had IST suggested as well as POTS.  Had a normal echo and I think my holter was OK, the doctor never called with results.  He had scheduled a tilt table but had to cancell and I started to feel better and never rescheduled.  Then 2 years later I'm back in the same boat....but worse

I'm a 38 year old female 4'11 123 lbs.  non smoker non drinker

Thanks