engorged left vein under left underarm with a pulling sensatin
I am a 56 year old female wighting about 140, 5'2 non-smoker that noticed on Friday morning an engored vein under the left underarm. The way to further describe it is, it feels as though there is a kink at the mid part of the upper arm. I cannot totally stretch the arm without some pulling restiction. The vein is diffentially engorged. It is not a pulled muscle. There also appears to be some swelling in the pit of the underarm. I feel that there is come coolness and numbness of the the right fingers off and on. I have a strong family history of cardiac disease. My question is do I see a cardiologist or my internist or should I present my self to the E.R. sooner?
I would start with your internist and you should get this checked  soon and if you can't get in tomorrow go to the ER.
A related discussion, large vein under right underarm with a pulling sensation was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Cardiologists in your area?