Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
heart failure

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

heart failure
Im laying in a hospital bed at Baylor All Saints Hospital in Plano Tx. Im on a transplant list right now they have me on a heart pump until I get a transplant or I should say IF i get one. I am 21 years old I never thought this would happen to me, or little did I know it could happen to me being young. Im scared of dying the doctor said I wont live if I dont get a Heart soon. the doctors here are great but they keep saying your transplant is getting closer and im getting tired of hearing that because there isnt a donor yet.My parents are planning my funeral just in case it hurts me to even talk about it and there asking me how I want my funeral. I dont care I just dont want to die. All family and friends have been here with me, but I just want evreyone to go home and leave me alone I do not want to talk about death. All they do is sit around me and cry I dont want them to feel sorry for me because that just makes me even more upset. I have asked the doctor how long i can have this heart pump until it doesnt do the job anymore and he always changes the subject. So my question for you is How long can a heart pump do the job. Please help
The devices can stay in extended periods of time so stay as positive as you can.