Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
high bp, left bundle malfunction...

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

high bp, left bundle malfunction...

I'm Hispanic female, 40 years old, 3 children (11yr old and 10 yr old twins), don’t smoke nor drink alcohol or coffee, I drink 1-2 cans of pop/day.  Healthy up to two months ago.  Sept/08 got two colds, got antibiotics for 5 days.  I’m also anemic 300mg of iron 3x/day

Had a Dr. checkup, discovered blood pressure was 140/100 , all other blood work normal. I also have headaches, dizziness, very fatigued and chest pressure at random. I do much without my heart pounding and having shortness of breath, I cannot sleep on my back or left side, the pounding of my heart makes it uncomfortable and harder to breath, on my right side it's ok.

I am used to working out 3 1/2 hrs per week but was told by the nurse there that I could not return until I got the ok from a Dr.

My blood pressure’s still high 138/104 pulse at 98.  Cardiologist sent me for an ECG that showed nothing, had a 24 hour Holter monitor, 'inconclusive results'. MIBI test showed a left bundle malfunction where under exercise it stops working but it resumes at rest, everything else is normal so he is sending me now for an echo.  During the stress test part of MIBI my BP went to 200/120 with my pulse at 166, I went into V-Tach and they stopped the test, I felt awful during, chest pains, shortness of breath and VERY scared.

I get chest pressure at random without doing anything to trigger it.  My blood pressure continues to be high 144/102, the other day I woke up to 166/112, my heart beat at rest is around 90 to 100.

My family doctor and my cardiologist want to see the results of all the tests before deciding what meds to prescribe.

Could the high blood pressure be causing my heart to beat so hard and for this left bundle to stop working during mild exercise?

I want my life back but not sure if this Echo test is going to find anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
1 Comment
Hi first of all you have to try to not get to stressed out before the docs give you answers and i say this because i have hbp also and mvp and i do know when i stress over my bp heart problems my bp rises and my hr to and i dont know but i think the hbp could cause your heart to beat harder and the left bundle to stop working with exercise.I wish i could give you better advise but maybe soon someone that knows more about your condition will step in.I can tell you i understand your fright as my bp and hr are up and down alot and with the mvp i cant sleep on my left side without feeling flutterings.There are some really good meds for hbp and high hr so maybe soon as the docs know for sure whats your problem they will get you on something that will control both and just try hard not to stress to much before you get answers and are treated and the best of luck to you.